Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Putmalk's Revolution
Putmalk Offline

Threads: 13
Putmalk's Revolution

I've been debating about whether or not to post a thread or not, but I think I'll finish this, so I'll post a thread.

Putmalk's Revolution

In an alternate universe, the country of Falkan succumbs to bloody revolution, fueled by angry peasants fed up with an oppressive regime. You play as Faldric, a man cursed with hearing the voice of a woman crying in his head constantly. A former soldier for the Revolution, Faldric regains consciousness as he is being dragged to a dark prison, extremely sore, beaten, and weak.

Escaping his prison, Faldric wanders around the castle halls, seemingly alone, until he discovers that terrible things are searching for him. As nighttime falls around the castle, the darkness surrounds him. He doesn't know where he is, or why he is there. All that fuels him now is the thought of ridding himself of these screams, to cure himself of her voice....

What are these things chasing this man? Why is this woman constantly in his head? Can Faldric do anything to end the bloody oppression of the Falkan regime, or is he merely a weak victim of an impossible situation? The secrets of his prison will reveal all....

.jpg   guesthall_dev6.jpg (Size: 41.39 KB / Downloads: 173)

.jpg   guesthall_dev3.jpg (Size: 38.82 KB / Downloads: 160)

This is a story-driven custom story, based off of the gameplay of Amnesia. Puzzle solving, no unexplained* jump scares, heavy atmosphere building, and threatening monster encounters. You shouldn't feel lost; I am taking great care to make sure the flow is smooth and easy to follow, while still providing some guess work and confusion. Mementos added for every objective. I want to make about 2 or 3 endings for the game. I am carefully scripting this to feel as authentic as possible, not to mention mapping with lots of particles, billboards, fog, as needed!

Percentage done: 35%??? This is always hard to gauge.

10 maps have been completed.

You can check my signature for some preview videos of gameplay if interested.

* you know what unexplained means. Random monster spawns that gimp you without letting you escape won't happen. Don't expect me to broadcast every monster spawn though. -.- No teleporting naked guys, or other cliche stuff either.

This thread will serve as my little blog as well. I welcome any feedback or thoughts here.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012, 03:57 PM by Putmalk.)
05-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
RE: Putmalk's Revolution

Looks cool! Wink

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
05-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Find
Putmalk Offline

Perhaps I'll do a playthrough of what I have so far and upload more screenshots. In the process of scripting complex puzzles and have to re-do an area. Always updating/changing stuff. Big Grin

05-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Find
Putmalk Offline

(05-21-2012, 03:54 PM)Putmalk Wrote: Perhaps I'll do a playthrough of what I have so far and upload more screenshots. In the process of scripting complex puzzles and have to re-do an area. Always updating/changing stuff. Big Grin
Wanted to update with this screenshot. Maybe more if I decide to do it. As always, work in progress. Big Grin

.jpg   dungeon_dev.jpg (Size: 45.52 KB / Downloads: 127)

Some people have played the chapter 1 demo I made...but I'm not publicly distributing it because I want things to remain a surprise. Big Grin

05-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

Looking good.
05-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Find
Putmalk Offline

Due to a lack of focus on my part, progress on this has slowed a bit. Thanks to the grunge set that was just released, I think I can get back on track and have a little bit more originality in the map design, which I believe is a drawback of the story as it stands.

Overall some of the maps may receive an overhaul (a necessary evil in design) if I do not deem them to be good enough. I will have to do a review of part 1 just to see...maybe I'll do another beta or so just to get a feel of how it plays with other people.

I am mapping the start of Part II, after the player rides down the elevator. Originally I was going to do another prison section, but I figured this was cliche and expected. This time, I'm doing it differently and I feel the experience should feel a lot better.

06-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Find