Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcement Realm of Another Chapter 2
DaAinGame Offline

Threads: 11
Realm of Another Chapter 2

I am unsure of how many people played or even have heard of my first part, but I am finally back into Amnesia and am already starting up again on Chapter 2 of my custom story. While watching others play my story, and reading feedback, I was left to be disappointed in my own work. I found that I overused monsters, used teleported naked guys, and other predictable events. Reading through many forum posts I figured out what people liked to see, how they wanted it set-up, but also learned about those people who loved the type of story I made. This leaves me in a difficult spot to create content that can satisfy both areas of the community.

So basically what I am saying, is I have begun work on the second part of my story, as said, and I want feedback/ideas from the current community (as I have been gone for a while, or if the community has not changed much) about what sets a good story, from a bad story. For anyone who has not played my first part, The story line is basically a person who is haunted with nightmares, and is able to have them dealt with by a priest. At the end of chapter one, a positive note leaves the player thinking that all is good, but obviously something went wrong as the nightmares became a reality. I plan to put MUCH more work into this story and not be so rushed with it. Hopefully now as well, I can clean up my maps, as I am finally understanding the "shortcuts" and tricks to the level editor.

Sorry for a long post, I'll end my rabbling, but I just wanted to let the community know that I am back and ready for some more Amnesia action with chapter 2!!! Big Grin (Pictures coming soon!)

***EDIT*** How nice >.< Map editor must be broken, instantly goes to not responding. Will fix it soon and resume work! (FIXED)

Realm Of Another Chapter 1: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-14142.html
Realm Of Another Chapter 2: Postponed
Adder Halls: 5%
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2012, 02:47 AM by DaAinGame.)
05-21-2012, 07:20 AM
Find
Leeeyam Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Realm of Another Chapter 2

Well done for not using cheap scares which scare you for a little while, real fear for me is knowing I'm vulnerable to mosters, sounds seem to make me worry too, so take care with sounds, I have played your first and it's everything you mentioned, but judging by what you wrote, it looks like you'll spend more time with this one, and I can't wait for the release, try use something different, try make it unique, goodluck!

05-21-2012, 07:57 AM
Find
DaAinGame Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Realm of Another Chapter 2

After a little bit of thinking I have decided to postpone Realm of Another Chapter 2 till a later date, when I figure out a better way of continuing the story. However, do not expect nothing from me, as I will be starting another story and I already have the idea and storyline for it! I'm planning on making it a shorter, yet still creepy/scary one, so if I work really hard, I will maybe have it done in a week. I hope that everyone is as excited as I am for me to be back into Map Making. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go brush up on my scripting.

Realm Of Another Chapter 1: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-14142.html
Realm Of Another Chapter 2: Postponed
Adder Halls: 5%
06-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Find