Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help Frustrating Level Editor Problem [Resolved]
KizzaD91 Offline

Threads: 1
Frustrating Level Editor Problem [Resolved]

I hope this is the right section to post in, but I'm having a nightmare regarding the HPL Level Editor; it was working absolutely fine for me yesterday after I had installed it for the first time, but today when I try and open it I get this fatal error message:

"FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check log file for more information."

I can assure you my graphics card drivers are up to date (proof being that HPL Level Editor was in full working condition yesterday evening), so I've got absolutely no idea what's happened over the last 24 hours to render the Level Editor broken. Any help will be appreciated, I've already seen some other people trying to solve this matter but I don't know if it's the same case as mine where it worked one day and then stopped working the next. I will copy and paste the last few lines from the log incase it offers more help to you than it did me:

ERROR: Frame buffer 'Deferred_GBuffer_Main' is not complete! Incomplete attachments!

ERROR: Could not create frame buffer for Deferred renderer type: 0!

FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check log file for more information.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2012, 08:44 PM by KizzaD91.)
05-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Frustrating Level Editor Problem

(05-21-2012, 07:40 PM)KizzaD91 Wrote: I hope this is the right section to post in, but I'm having a nightmare regarding the HPL Level Editor; it was working absolutely fine for me yesterday after I had installed it for the first time, but today when I try and open it I get this fatal error message:

"FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check log file for more information."

I can assure you my graphics card drivers are up to date (proof being that HPL Level Editor was in full working condition yesterday evening), so I've got absolutely no idea what's happened over the last 24 hours to render the Level Editor broken. Any help will be appreciated, I've already seen some other people trying to solve this matter but I don't know if it's the same case as mine where it worked one day and then stopped working the next. I will copy and paste the last few lines from the log incase it offers more help to you than it did me:

ERROR: Frame buffer 'Deferred_GBuffer_Main' is not complete! Incomplete attachments!
ERROR: Could not create frame buffer for Deferred renderer type: 0!
FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check log file for more information.
try reinstalling the tools. thats my only advice to you (also rename your HPL folder in your my-documents folder to HPL_OLD, and when you restart the tools, delete it (restarting the tools makes a new HPL folder in your my-documents folder, if there is none.)

this error message is usually recieved around having an incompatible computer with amnesia. not really sure how to solve it, unfortunately

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
05-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Find
KizzaD91 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Frustrating Level Editor Problem

I'm not sure how it happened, but the second I renamed my HPL2 folder to HPL_OLD, the Level Editor started working perfectly! Thank you very much for your time! Smile
05-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Find