Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple selected objects share same rot. axis?
FragdaddyXXL Offline

Threads: 20
Multiple selected objects share same rot. axis?

Is there a way to select, say, an entire room, and rotate it without the objects rotating around their own local axis? Like have them share the same rotational axis while editing?

Dark Seclusion Here
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2012, 11:25 PM by FragdaddyXXL.)
05-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Multiple selected objects share same rot. axis?

The first that comes to mind is making the entire room one combination by highlighting everything in it then pressing B. That will make it so it will rotate is if one object, instead of each individual object rotating. The only problem with that is when you try to highlight a lot of things at once the editor tends to lag quite a bit. To me that seems like the only solution, but you could always move everything around piece by piece

I rate it 3 memes.
05-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Find
FragdaddyXXL Offline

Threads: 20

That worked great! It's not a problem seeing as it's just a small room, luckily. (And that my PC is hard to strain xD).

Dark Seclusion Here
05-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(05-23-2012, 11:21 PM)FragdaddyXXL Wrote: That worked great! It's not a problem seeing as it's just a small room, luckily. (And that my PC is hard to strain xD).
also, if you move these combinations while you have align to grid checked, it could make them change position very slightly, but it will be noticeable. You may want to double check that! Also, if the combination disappears (which is a common bug) just restart the editor.

I rate it 3 memes.
05-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Find