Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lang file problem
wolfmaster1231 Offline

Threads: 43
Question  Lang file problem

Hi there i got a big problem my lang file dosent work for no reson it looks like everything is right but it dosent show any text in the game. or the decription and or in the custom story menu what is wrong? Btw heres the file

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">This is after capture the scientist</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Diary_Test_Name1">My brother.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Diary_Test_Text1">[voice Diary_1][br]11th of April 1879[br][br]My brother came to visit me today. He said that he had found something when he was working out in the woods.[br]He said it was a prison where scientists held prisoners for experiments.[br]He asked if I wanted to go to this place with him,[br]so I said yes. I don't spend too much time with my brother.[br]So the first thing I'm gonna do tomorrow is to pack my bag and meet my brother.[br]But for now I'm going to go to sleep.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Note_My Lord_Name">My Lord</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_My Lord_Text">My Lord, I have arranged your things. The key is in your desk, and your lantern is in the Hall.[br][new_page][br]By the way, your brother found something he wanted you to read. It is on your desk. Tell me if you need anything.[br] Good luck.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Quest_LolQuest_Text">I should check my desk.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Diary_John_Name1">John's Diary#1</Entry>
<Entry Name="Diary_John_Text1">[br][voice Diary_2][br]5th of June 1845[br][br]My name is John Warden. If you read this then I am already dead.[br]The scientists held me prisoner and tried a new serum on me[br]but there was one other. Her name was Helen. She helped me escape and find the bastard who did these things to me.[br]She's dead now but I think she has a sister. I don't remember her name though.[br]If you find this - please find her - and ask why Helen helped me.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Note_Brother_Name">Brother</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Brother_Text">Dear Brother.[br]I found this in the prison. I also did a little digging into this Helen.[br] It looks like there is a mansion not far from your house that she owns, maybe we can find out more about this.[br]Can you do me a favor and check this place out? I also found a newspaper that you should look into.[br] Take care and good luck. Ps: I left the newspaper in your second desk drawer.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Note_Newspaper_Name">Newspaper</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Newspaper_Text">JOHN WARDEN 12th of april 1835.[br][new_page][br] John Warden was arrested today for the murder of Eric Oswald. He was sent to the Ristonberry Prison to be hanged, however the scientists have other plans for him.[br]Helen Whithorn says: We are going to try many things on this man, and hopefully he suffers. But before any of that happened, John escaped and they could not find him.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="What">
<Entry Name="Hm">If Helen wanted John to suffer, why did she help him?[br] I need answers.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Levels">
<Entry Name="Suck">To Mansion</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_MainDoorKey_1">Key to the Hall</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_MainDoorKey_1">Main Door Key</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Wow">
<Entry Name="No">What the hell?[br]Wow. This is a very big house.[br]How didn't I notice it before?</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Note_Servant_Name">Servant's Log #1</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Servant_Text">When i was cleaning today i noticed a man in the guest room.[br]I was a little scared so i asked Helen about the man he seamed sick to[br]She said that it had with work to do and that i didn't have to worry.[br]but i still wonder why he looked so sick.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Note_Antidote_Name">Serum Antidote.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Antidote_Text">I made an antidote today but there is one problem only one person can take it either its me or John I need to think about this.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Levels">
<Entry Name="Lost">EastWing</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Levels">
<Entry Name"Guest">GuestRoom</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Note_Sister_Name">Letter from Sister</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Sister_Text">Dear Sister[br]I am coming over next week.[br]I heard what happened too you and John i hope you guys are feeling better.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Levels">
<Entry Name="Ass">Cellar</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Levels">
<Entry Name="Sorry">WestWing</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Levels">
<Entry Name="Gay">Master Bedroom</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Mons">
<Entry Name="Kill">Hide!!!!!</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2012, 12:53 PM by wolfmaster1231.)
05-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Find
Linus Ågren Offline

Threads: 58
RE: Lang file problem

<CATEGORY Name="Levels">
<Entry Name"Guest">GuestRoom</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

You forgot the = before "Guest"

Creator of The Dark Treasure.
05-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Website Find
wolfmaster1231 Offline

Threads: 43
RE: Lang file problem

Oh i see its always the those tiny things that messes things up Smile. and thanks Smile.
05-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Find