Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

IMPORTANT: On posting contents on game files!
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
IMPORTANT: On posting contents on game files!

Just a quick notice regarding posting the contents of game files.

We think it is fun that you like to poke around the files, try to alter the game, finding abandoned features and so on. However, A lot of this content can be extremly spoiling and might take a way the enoyment of finding out things the way they where intented to.

Because of this, starting from now, we ask you to post anything that has to with editing / viewing game files in the mod category that can be found here:
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/forumdi...php?fid=13

Posts found in the wrong forum will be deleted without warning!

To make myself clear: This only applies to the direct access of game files. You can still post screenshots, talk about secret areas and any other strange stuff you might find in this forum. Just use the spoiler tags when needed and do not reveal anything spoiling in subject lines.

Happy gaming all! Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2009, 01:21 PM by jens.)
02-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Find
Skaruts Offline

Threads: 11
RE: IMPORTANT: On posting contents on game files!

I hided my text just in case. Since it may be a big spoiler, feel free to delete this post. No harm intended.

Spoiler below!
Interesting. I read somewhere that there was a file you could edit to make saving available (I think it was for Overture, not BP), I edited the files, in BP, and tryed to find it and couldn't do what I wanted. Anyway, I'm glad I didn't. The possibility to be able to press F5 (quicksave) all the time realy spoils the tension in horror games and that's one of the good things about penumbra. Feeling vulnerable. Wink Good work on this.

Thomas Wrote:Posts found in the wrong forum will be deleted without warning!
Why not move them instead?
02-27-2008, 05:02 AM
Find
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50

(02-11-2008, 11:59 AM)Thomas Wrote: Just a quick notice regarding posting the contents of game files.

We think it is fun that you like to poke around the files, try to alter the game, finding abandoned features and so on. However, A lot of this content can be extremly spoiling and might take a way the enoyment of finding out things the way they where intented to.

Because of this, starting from now, we ask you to post anything that has to with editing / viewing game files in the mod category that can be found here:
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/forumdi...php?fid=12

Posts found in the wrong forum will be deleted without warning!

To make myself clear: This only applies to the direct access of game files. You can still post screenshots, talk about secret areas and any other strange stuff you might find in this forum. Just use the spoiler tags when needed and do not reveal anything spoiling in subject lines.

Happy gaming all! Smile

I tryed to go to that fourm all i got was an error "Invalid Fourn" any ideas?

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
09-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

http://frictionalgames.com/forum/forumdi...php?fid=13
09-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Website Find