Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Amnesia - Abomination
Twitchez Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Amnesia - Abomination

(05-29-2012, 12:31 PM)dnalange Wrote: Ahhhh!@!!
I am having a crazy grunt!!!
At the part where u come from ur room after u sleep..
the grunt have to smash the door ., it did..
then it walks downstairs.. and then............
it stops and stay dancing on his feet .... think the pathnodes are wrong-bugged-or too far away...
Thanks anyways for this great CS...
Thanks Dnalange and Pil :-) It means a lot to both have an awesome LP, and nice words from someone who made a great CS (Insanity : Nocturnal Confusion ) Go and download it now if you haven't already!

And to remind everyone: I'm constantly updating this project, check so you have the latest version if you are experiencing problems. And if they are still there, just send me a PM and I will look into it asap!
Keep on playing and doing LP: s, me and MisterKrister love them! Tongue

Amnesia - Abomination Ask me about anything :)
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2012, 05:47 PM by Twitchez.)
05-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Find
DrPixel Offline

Threads: 1

Played a bit today and so far....wow! Very good custom story I must say! I like the scares so far (currently at Block C), and they just seem to keep getting better. I noticed you used custom music and Amnesia music which was nice and fitting at the times they were used.

The voice acting is really funny actually like others have said, especially the nerdy kid who was writing in his diary or whatever (it was in Block C). Oh yeah, and also the headmaster person who talks in the corridors between the Blocks was quite amusing I must say.

The level design is....interesting to say the least. Most of the side rooms look extremely similar, but that's understandable since you based it off of your school. I have a question though.....(It's in the spoiler below)

Spoiler below!
Is there any purpose for the small room directly across from the entrance to Block C in Block B? It's the one with all of the stacks of books if that helps at all to describe it. Anyway, I searched all over it and didn't really find anything, so I'm just wondering if it has any purpose or if it's just for decoration/atmosphere. Thanks.

So yeah, liking it a lot so far, and the story is certainly interesting. I noticed a small error so far, in the note that you get in Block C
Spoiler below!
In the room to the right.
It says "When he looked me" and I think you meant to say "When he looked at me", as the voice actor says that but the note is missing the word "at". It's a small error, but maybe you can include it in one of the next patches to help make the custom story a bit more neat/correct.

Good work, I can't wait to see when/if monsters will start appearing and scaring me out of my wits. D:

EDIT: ........Well, it happened.
Spoiler below!
Really great monster placement! The first one was decent, but the second one that rushes at you after you find the hidden hole thing with the lantern inside really freaked me out haha! Nice job on that!

No clue where I'm at right now, but it's fun so far.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012, 05:01 AM by DrPixel.)
06-01-2012, 04:21 AM
Website Find
Twitchez Offline

(06-01-2012, 04:21 AM)DrPixel Wrote:
Dr. Pixel
Haha, I'm very glad you liked it! Smile The room to the right after the B-Block entrance used to have a purpose when we first designed it, but after we made some changes it didn't contain anything of value anymore. But we still decided to keep it, since I think it both adds up to the atmosphere, and it would be a shame to just remove fully decorated room like that, and it isn't that big either Smile

Hope you continue to enjoy our mod, we do our best to fix as many bugs as soon as possible! Version 1.2 was released the day after, and we will also release version 1.3 once we get enough error reports.

Thanks again, and hope you will get happily suprised by the rest of the content! Tongue

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012, 04:17 PM by Twitchez.)
06-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Find
matsan12 Offline

Threads: 0

faaahk this map is rly scary. o_O
06-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Find
DrPixel Offline

Okay, I progressed a bit more and....
First of all, I walked around in circles forever in that giant room with all the locked side doors, a bunch of lockers, and the gate leading to all the dead bodies. Finally, I read on the comments for this mod on Moddb that you can hop over it so I did that, though I still have no clue how to get over normally.
Spoiler below!
After that, I got through to the next room, got the key to my room, and.....I locked it from the outside. From watching videos of it I see you have to lock it from the inside and then you can progress, but now I have no way to get in. That's kinda a problem I think.
Anyway, what should I do? I really like it so far but am not sure if I want to start all over again just to play the remaining parts of it.....ugh!
Also my post was formatted weird for some reason haha. Tongue
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012, 10:28 PM by DrPixel.)
06-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Website Find
Twitchez Offline

(06-01-2012, 10:27 PM)DrPixel Wrote:
First of all, I walked around in circles forever in that giant room with all the locked side doors, a bunch of lockers, and the gate leading to all the dead bodies. Finally, I read on the comments for this mod on Moddb that you can hop over it so I did that, though I still have no clue how to get over normally.
Spoiler below!
After that, I got through to the next room, got the key to my room, and.....I locked it from the outside. From watching videos of it I see you have to lock it from the inside and then you can progress, but now I have no way to get in. That's kinda a problem I think.
Anyway, what should I do? I really like it so far but am not sure if I want to start all over again just to play the remaining parts of it.....ugh!
Recently, I encountered a group of people with similar problems. The main reason seem to be that both models and monsters are missing because you are not running version 1.2 of the normal Amnesia game.

Install it and play the F-part over again Smile It's free from Frictional Games website:http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-7403.html

06-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Find
DrPixel Offline

(06-01-2012, 11:42 PM)Twitchez Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 10:27 PM)DrPixel Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Recently, I encountered a group of people with similar problems. The main reason seem to be that both models and monsters are missing because you are not running version 1.2 of the normal Amnesia game.

Install it and play the F-part over again Smile It's free from Frictional Games website:http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-7403.html
Weird, I have the Steam version of Amnesia which I figured was the latest version. I have to leave my main computer (the only one that can play more graphically-intense games like Amnesia) for a few days to a week, but after then I can look into it.

Oh, on second thought, I think having multiple total conversions installed as well start conflicting with some of the original Amnesia files, though it's weird because the base game works fine. :\

Well, if worst comes to worst I'll back up my CS folder and do a clean re-install then check out this CS again. I really do like it so far, just that darn locked door part confuses me haha. ^_^
06-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Website Find
sonicsonic3 Offline

Spoiler below!
I'm stuck. I picked up a chipper, now what? I can't combine it with the hammer either.
06-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Find
Twitchez Offline

(06-02-2012, 07:52 AM)sonicsonic3 Wrote:
Spoiler below!
I'm stuck. I picked up a chipper, now what? I can't combine it with the hammer either.
Spoiler below!
The combination between the hammer and chipper is supposed to work. I've have done several test runs on many computers, but I've got two error reports from people not being able to combine either, so you are not the only one. What seems to be the problem is a bug from Frictional Games engine (according to one of the people who also recieves the same error). Do you have Justine patch 1.2 of Amnesia installed? And do you any full conversions installed?

The hammer&chipper is mainly supposed to open a lock to a lever which opens the gate. Behind the gate is a door. If you want a quick soulution, open the .cfg file in the Abomination map and change "Startmap" to F-Block.map, and you will just start in the map behind the gate, since you already did all the puzzles outside!

Hope that helped!

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2012, 10:21 AM by Twitchez.)
06-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Find
sonicsonic3 Offline

(06-02-2012, 10:20 AM)Twitchez Wrote:
(06-02-2012, 07:52 AM)sonicsonic3 Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Spoiler below!
The combination between the hammer and chipper is supposed to work. I've have done several test runs on many computers, but I've got two error reports from people not being able to combine either, so you are not the only one. What seems to be the problem is a bug from Frictional Games engine (according to one of the people who also recieves the same error). Do you have Justine patch 1.2 of Amnesia installed? And do you any full conversions installed?

The hammer&chipper is mainly supposed to open a lock to a lever which opens the gate. Behind the gate is a door. If you want a quick soulution, open the .cfg file in the Abomination map and change "Startmap" to F-Block.map, and you will just start in the map behind the gate, since you already did all the puzzles outside!

Hope that helped!
Spoiler below!
I do not have any full conversions installed and I'm using the latest Amnesia patch which means I have Justine installed.

Thanks for the help btw!
06-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Find