Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moral Errors (Dark Salvation)
ObsidianLegion Offline

Threads: 53
Moral Errors (Dark Salvation)

Hello once again, forum.

I'm going to cut to the chase here, I have no more moral meaning to make Dark Salvation anymore. I've procrastinated an awful lot. I really want to stop this project.
However, I have a few people that say it's really good. My maps are playable and better than the bog-standard crap you get now like House of Creep and all it's descendants etc - it isn't really say, Tanshaydar standard or Khyrpa standard but they're good nonetheless.

That is not really the issue though. I don't want to disrespect you guys by starting something I can't finish - that's what's bugging me mostly. I don't really see any good reward in it other than respect.

Please know that I do want to entertain you guys but I guess I' m just a novice scripter and level designer. I do try. I fail quite alot though.

"Good men mean well; they just don't always end up doing well." -Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 2, Chapter 12
05-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Moral Errors (Dark Salvation)

What, is this all about? I do not understand anything within this post.
05-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Find
ObsidianLegion Offline

(05-27-2012, 05:35 PM)Traggey Wrote: What, is this all about? I do not understand anything within this post.
I'm basically losing my will to make my CS: Dark Salvation - The Unspoken Words

"Good men mean well; they just don't always end up doing well." -Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 2, Chapter 12
05-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(05-27-2012, 05:41 PM)Lolnesia09 Wrote:
(05-27-2012, 05:35 PM)Traggey Wrote: What, is this all about? I do not understand anything within this post.
I'm basically losing my will to make my CS: Dark Salvation - The Unspoken Words
Happens to all of us at one point or another, just another road block for the Amnesia mod developer! Personally I've never heard of this project so I can't rightly say how good the quality is, but if you're not 100% in love with the story and atmosphere (mapping/lighting/sound) you put out, I'd suggest moving on to something else. What's the point of working on a project if its not going to be fun for you? It is understandable to put lots of time and effort into a mod if you enjoy it and have fun, but why do it if it feels more like a chore?

I rate it 3 memes.
05-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Find
ObsidianLegion Offline

(05-27-2012, 06:01 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Happens to all of us at one point or another, just another road block for the Amnesia mod developer! Personally I've never heard of this project so I can't rightly say how good the quality is, but if you're not 100% in love with the story and atmosphere (mapping/lighting/sound) you put out, I'd suggest moving on to something else. What's the point of working on a project if its not going to be fun for you? It is understandable to put lots of time and effort into a mod if you enjoy it and have fun, but why do it if it feels more like a chore?
What do you reckon I should do then? I can't really weigh out the Pros and Cons of it, really.

05-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(05-27-2012, 06:47 PM)Lolnesia09 Wrote:
(05-27-2012, 06:01 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
What do you reckon I should do then? I can't really weigh out the Pros and Cons of it, really.
Take a break; view other peoples creations or watch a LP of the original game, watch scary movies, get inspired! Don't feel like just because you've started a CS you have to finish it (if that were the case I'd have at least 7 stories out that I ended up not liking). If you feel comfortable and happy moving forward in the project, by all means go for it, if not, just keep it on the back burner. Only do it if its fun for you (because that's the point of modding, right?).

'Tis all the advice I can give.

I rate it 3 memes.
05-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Find