Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 4.48 Average
Amnesia: The Great Work - FULL RELEASE
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Amnesia: The Great Work - FULL RELEASE

Would really like to try this but the moddb site won't let me download for some reason. Is there anywhere else I can download the mod from?
03-26-2013, 06:41 PM
Find
Tetrafish Offline

Threads: 3

Okay, I've made into the Cabal, and got to a room...

Spoiler below!
In the room above I turned a valve after moving a torch underneath a tank. The green liquid dissolved a gate and I used a ladder to get down into where I'm now stuck. I did get a Cabal gate key... But there are 2 locked doors and I don't have any other keys to open either of those 2. I can stack boxes on top of the acid(?) and jump up to the ladder, but there doesn't seem to be any way to get off the ladder into the room above. If I try to jump out/off I just fall back down.

EDIT: Alrighty, I seen the puzzles video, makes sense now. Blush

If there's still a way to get out then let me know (not necessarily how to get out (or maybe I missed something like a key..?), unless it's just stacking all the boxes, because I'm trying that but not able to get them high enough, if that's the solution then I'll just skip this whole area). Or if I'm stuck then let me know that too. Thanks in advance.

..Can't get the Brute to appear, looks like it may be too late at this point. I do have/did have
Spoiler below!
the dagger and stabbed the heart instead of picking it up.

Edit2: I started over, did it a bit different this time. I followed the monster into the Cabal. After I came back I ran around the Sanctuary... I got killed by a cultist (I could never get the 2nd dude to come out). When I respawned I went back to the elevator. I was able to get on and into the next area and thus Exit.... BUT! I never went through the other gate to get (what I guess would be) the blue piece of the shard....?

I hope I won't need it, or that I'll be able to return to that area. I'll play it through to see if I get any game breaking dead-ends. Huh

Edit3: I guess I had all the shards I needed. I'm not sure where I picked up the one I needed since I skipped that one whole area.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2013, 07:59 AM by Tetrafish.)
03-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

Oh jesus christ fuck this mod haha. I stepped into the room and the door locked and I knew it was coming but for some reason I didn't realise there was a wardrobe in there untill he started banging on the door and I looked around in panic.
03-28-2013, 01:46 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

(03-20-2013, 05:57 PM)HarshlyCritical Wrote: ^Hey, thanks!

(03-17-2013, 11:36 PM)Ossie Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgHApZ43Zvo

and go to 5:25 where you'll start to HEAR the problem, then a few seconds later you'll see it. At least, I assume that's a bug and not some intentional poltergeist activity. Wink

Oh God. Yeah, I'd really like to know what's going on in that clip. Never seen anything like that happen before. haha

Lol wow, I do NOT know how that happened, but I have to say you're the first one to see it. I thought it was really creepy though, so I don't really want to fix it. >Big Grin

Anyway, thank you all so much for your great comments! I haven't really been around that much lately, partially because I'm busy with a writing project and working a lot. I'm so glad you all like it, even with a few persisting bugs that I haven't been able to fix. I just got notified about the PC Gamer article and freaked out a little bit. :'D

04-05-2013, 01:45 AM
Find
Tetrafish Offline

Threads: 3

The stage where you have to place the shards into the pedestals, then get the rods...

Spoiler below!
You may want to rescript it so that it doesn't let you pull the switch to turn the machine on (nearby where you put the rods in) until after the shards are placed in the other room. I forgot to put the shards in, put all 3 rods in, pulled the lever and rushed back to the room... When I slid the 3 position switch it told me the shards weren't in place. I put them in the pedestals... (I'm not sure exactly what happened next -can't remember since it was so hectic) but the gist of it is that I was blocked in that room with the shard pedestals by the 'Shadow' web thingies, the monster was also in that room. I kept on getting killed with no way back to the switch next to the rods. I'd respawn with the monster right behind me, and die yet again. D-:>

eta: Or maybe a notification (note) that suggests that "I should put the shards in before going forward." -maybe...?

Unless I could've crouched to get by the shadow web things.... Anyway, I didn't see any way to get back into the room to re-throw the switch.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2013, 10:13 AM by Tetrafish.)
04-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Find
SusieAnne Offline

Threads: 0

Okay, so I'm not sure if I'm not doing this right, if it's a bug, or what have you. I'm in Chapter 2, and trying to tip over the statue, and it won't break T.T

It falls (usually. Sometimes it's still up on the balcony and is just stuck), and sometimes the game "jumps" a little, as though it was supposed to switch to a cutscene of it breaking, but it doesn't.
I'm so frustrated! I can't jump from the balcony because I don't want to waste my laudanum, but I have to walk ALL the way around to get downstairs, then go into the cellar to switch locations and get the load screen, then go right back so that the statue will be reset on the balcony, go ALL the way back up, and tip it over, just to watch it not break.

Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions of how to tip it?

I love this CS so far, but after the first few times of it not breaking, the atmosphere was gone and I was just frustrated. I saved and quit, and after coming back to it, it's not any better. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: *Facepalm* Can Amnesia monsters not be kind enough to leave notes like, "BRB, chasing after some statue breaking noise. If your name is Charles Longden, you better not go through here while I'm gone!" Tongue

I had forgotten that I had broken it once before, and I subsequently died, but I guess it didn't occur to me that he'd be gone anyways. So, needless to say, I've been angrily cursing at a statue for no reason. But I persevere!
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2013, 05:40 PM by SusieAnne.)
07-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

Hey guys! Long time no see! I'm currently working on a new update for The Great Work! It's going to include basically three things:

--Making some parts of the game less freakin frustrating.
--Fixing some bugs that flew under the radar.
--Polishing up the ending (scripting, writing, AND mapping), as it went through kind of rushed.

08-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(08-06-2013, 08:18 AM)Damascus Wrote: Hey guys! Long time no see! I'm currently working on a new update for The Great Work! It's going to include basically three things:

--Making some parts of the game less freakin frustrating.
--Fixing some bugs that flew under the radar.
--Polishing up the ending (scripting, writing, AND mapping), as it went through kind of rushed.

sounds interesting, I never actually finished playing the mod, but I think I try this time with the new update
08-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Find
EmpressOfDark Offline

Threads: 0

Does anyone else have a solution to this glitch?
Spoiler below!
I cannot change the torch color because the torches are not lit. I hear the fire crackling but the torches are not burning. Is there a newer version of The Great Work that I am not finding?
08-19-2013, 01:43 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

It's sad and hard to say, but The Great Work is better than a Machine for pigs because that was overall a bit letdown and this is much more intense, scary as hell, atmosphere something best I ever seen and much more complex storyline and more interesting than AMFO overall.

I will play this soon again as a early beta-tester and try to see differences on newest update. Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
09-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Find