Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler servant_grunt_2 in Archives
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39
servant_grunt_2 in Archives

So time ago I was literally "playing" with the Level Editor to view Amnesia maps. I found this "servant_grunt_2"...

[Image: Grunt2.JPG]

...near the only accessible door for the gallery after you get the CaveIn quest. Today now I decided to look up the script.

Here's what I found.

/*When leaving the library, complete quest and activate some Grunt event areas */void CollideQuestDone(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState){    CompleteQuest("03cavein", "03CaveIn");        PlaySoundAtEntity("growl", "03_amb_idle", "AreaGrunt_3", 0.5f, false);        SetEntityActive("AreaActivateLiveGrunt_1", true);    SetEntityActive("AreaActivateLiveGrunt_2", true);

When you re-enter the gallery to get the door to the Hub, you can notice this monster on the right by crossing this area: "AreaActivateLiveGrunt_1"

[Image: GruntArea.JPG]

The blue circled grunt is "servant_grunt_1".
And at its door there is this area called "AreaActivateLiveGrunt_2".
But...
void CollideActivateLiveGrunt(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState){    if(asChild == "AreaActivateLiveGrunt_1"){         SetEntityActive("servant_grunt_1", true);        SetEntityActive("AreaActivateLiveGrunt_2", false);    } else{        SetEntityActive("servant_grunt_2", true);        SetEntityActive("AreaActivateLiveGrunt_1", false);    }

Aka: If you go to area 1, area 2 will be deactivated and viceversa.

But you can only cross area 1 so area 2 would be eventually disabled, I have checked, it's impossible to cross area 2 first.
Maybe I did something wrong? maybe there's a secret passage or just an easy way that I haven't found out yet? (because my pathfinding kind of sucks haha)
How to enable servant_grunt_2? Frictional Games don't overload their script putting random enemies that won't even show up in any way, :/ (not talking about /* */ scripts and talking about grunts getting a cup of tea together LOL)

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012, 04:44 PM by Hardarm.)
06-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Website Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25
RE: servant_grunt_2 in Archives

I think the servant_grunt_2 is quickly activated and then instantly disabled when picking the wine cellar key.The other grunt is activated when player collides with the area in the door and then quickly disappearing.

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012, 05:06 PM by Datguy5.)
06-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Nope... I've searched servant_grunt_2 for the whole script. Picking up the key triggers a sound. servant_grunt_2 can only be enabled by crossing "AreaActivateLiveGrunt_2".

06-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Website Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

(06-03-2012, 05:10 PM)Hardarm Wrote: Nope... I've searched servant_grunt_2 for the whole script. Picking up the key triggers a sound. servant_grunt_2 can only be enabled by crossing "AreaActivateLiveGrunt_2".
Well then..

06-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Find
Putmalk Offline

Threads: 13

(06-03-2012, 05:05 PM)Datguy5 Wrote: I think the servant_grunt_2 is quickly activated and then instantly disabled when picking the wine cellar key.The other grunt is activated when player collides with the area in the door and then quickly disappearing.
No...that would be the biggest waste in the history of scripting. -.-

Two servants in Archives.

1 is activated always after you pick up the wine cellar key. When you enter the big room, the grunt spawns to your right and walks through the doorway; it instantly deletes itself when it crosses the area right inside the doorway. You will never be able to catch up to it as it has Disabled triggers activate.

2 is activated when you head left in this same room and examine the debris from the cave-in earlier. When you approach the debris and look at it, a grunt spawns directly behind you and charges you; since it is a hallucination, it instantly despawns when it comes near you.

06-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

I always wondered about this one. AFAIK there are three grunts.

- One is seen walking into the hallway after getting the key.

- Another is seen appearing behind you if you look at the cave-in.

- A third one seems also to be present near grunt1, you can see him with the wireframe option on or the level editor (I think it is the grunt the OP is talking about). But I've never known how to actually activate him to appear in-game.
06-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Find
Putmalk Offline

I was gonna say it's impossible to activate that grunt, but I think I may know how to do it. Just that nobody will actually ever do it; because it involves taking a path that isn't as common...

Go straight after leaving the bookshelf room, go right, go left, go left again, and head toward the big room (this would be the door that is normally walked through by the grunt). Then you activate the other grunt (servant_grunt_2) and the same thing applies.

So yeah, there are 3 grunts in archives, but only two will ever appear and both are harmless; one is a hallucination from the rubble, the other walks through a door for a second and then disappears.

06-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

(06-03-2012, 07:54 PM)Putmalk Wrote: I was gonna say it's impossible to activate that grunt, but I think I may know how to do it. Just that nobody will actually ever do it; because it involves taking a path that isn't as common...

Go straight after leaving the bookshelf room, go right, go left, go left again, and head toward the big room (this would be the door that is normally walked through by the grunt). Then you activate the other grunt (servant_grunt_2) and the same thing applies.

So yeah, there are 3 grunts in archives, but only two will ever appear and both are harmless; one is a hallucination from the rubble, the other walks through a door for a second and then disappears.
The Study's door will get closed.
There is NO monster after picking up the key but triggers two areas that will make each other spawn their own grunts.

And for the other people, after you get the key NO monster will be triggered, but it will trigger an area that activates the monster.

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012, 08:06 PM by Hardarm.)
06-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Website Find
Putmalk Offline

(06-03-2012, 08:02 PM)Hardarm Wrote:
(06-03-2012, 07:54 PM)Putmalk Wrote: I was gonna say it's impossible to activate that grunt, but I think I may know how to do it. Just that nobody will actually ever do it; because it involves taking a path that isn't as common...

Ah, then that makes it impossible. XD

06-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

(06-03-2012, 08:02 PM)Putmalk Wrote:
(06-03-2012, 08:02 PM)Hardarm Wrote:

Ah, then that makes it impossible. XD
Then why that grunt that's what the discussion is about Sad
I want frictional games answering this x)

06-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Website Find