Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New map - codes
Sherik Offline

Threads: 1
New map - codes

Hello all,

This is my first topic and the first map I am creating with my cousin.

We have the map already done but the codes are difficult to do.

So I come here asking for help for some codes that do not know, which are:

[Image: amnesiabib.jpg]
[Image: amnesiabuttons.jpg]
[Image: amnesiacand.jpg]
[Image: amnesiakitch.jpg]

PS: If someone wants to join our team and be a programmer, my cousin and I would appreciate a lot

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012, 11:09 PM by Sherik.)
06-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
RE: New map - codes

being a beginner at scripting, id only know how to fix the first issue of code. to make a key unlock a door, you use the code AddUseItemCallback, or something similar. if you go on the wiki, and find the "script functions" list, you'll get an overview of all the different codes available for usage (they also come with some explanatory parts, descriping what the different parts of the function mean.)

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
06-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

I get some off the pictures put the last one needs to be explained and the third picture, is the chandelier supposed to fall on the player?

06-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

Okay correct me if I'm wrong, but here's what I'm seeing:

Pic 1: Use an item on two doors, it unlocks both of them.
Pic 2: Pull a lever and change which room the door leads to.
Pic 3: Walk under the chandelier and it falls on you.
Pic 4: No idea dude

06-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

(06-04-2012, 10:07 AM)Damascus Wrote: Okay correct me if I'm wrong, but here's what I'm seeing:

Pic 1: Use an item on two doors, it unlocks both of them.
Pic 2: Pull a lever and change which room the door leads to.
Pic 3: Walk under the chandelier and it falls on you.
Pic 4: No idea dude
Yes same for me I got the first 3 but the last one is just a mess

06-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Find
Stepper321 Offline

1. The same as a door but then not removing the item, and 2 callback functions.
3. You'll need to make it a falling entity. Copy it, and make it a object.

Signature to awesome to be displayed.
06-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

(06-04-2012, 03:29 PM)Stepper321 Wrote: 1. The same as a door but then not removing the item, and 2 callback functions.
3. You'll need to make it a falling entity. Copy it, and make it a object.
on 1 he can use variables Smile

06-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Find
Sherik Offline

Hello all,

I apologize for the delay in response.
I'll explain each picture, which I forgot to say in the first post lol

In the first image: Item1 is a button, when you press the button, open the two doors.

In the second image: Each lever, when the game player puts the lever down, each one opens their door. However, I like this order: one down, one up, one down and the last down.

In the third picture: When the player passes a certain area in the middle of the table, the doll stops, the player can no longer move on the doll, the doll look up and the lamp falls and faints. In the end, when you wake up in the same place where the fallen lamp, the lamp remains on the ceiling and the floor contains blood, a text appears and then the doll is available to play.

In the fourth image: the image is not completely full of accessories like I did after, but what I want is when the doll comes to this room, some accessories falls to the ground with force.

Thanks for help.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2012, 02:05 PM by Sherik.)
06-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Find
Stepper321 Offline

(06-18-2012, 02:03 PM)Sherik Wrote: Hello all,

I apologize for the delay in response.
I'll explain each picture, which I forgot to say in the first post lol

In the first image: Item1 is a button, when you press the button, open the two doors.

In the second image: Each lever, when the game player puts the lever down, each one opens their door. However, I like this order: one down, one up, one down and the last down.

In the third picture: When the player passes a certain area in the middle of the table, the doll stops, the player can no longer move on the doll, the doll look up and the lamp falls and faints. In the end, when you wake up in the same place where the fallen lamp, the lamp remains on the ceiling and the floor contains blood, a text appears and then the doll is available to play.

In the fourth image: the image is not completely full of accessories like I did after, but what I want is when the doll comes to this room, some accessories falls to the ground with force.

Thanks for help.
1. Learn how to make a Button. Then use it to open 2 doors. I think there's a tut on the wiki.

2. Just learn how to make Levers, there's a tutorial on the Wiki.
3. Copy the chandelier's .ent file and place it in your custom story in entities and give it a different name. (The folder and Entity.) Then open model editor and go to User Specified ... something something. Then look around from what object type is fallable. Make it unable to grab, or make it able to drag. Create collision bodies. Save the Entity, put it in your Custom story and deactivate it. And add a new Chandelier without the falling properties. Then when you comes in that area, Deactivate the lamp and activate the enabled lamp, disable the player for moving and looking around on his own. And script the fade out sequence with timers. Also make sure that he gets teleported to the right position. So that it won't fall that awkward and falls the same every-time.
4. Engine scripts [Frictional Game Wiki] Go here. And check how to add force to the items, then just, add the doll and put him as non-active. Then add the items, and put them non-active to. When it's put active, just add the force with it. This is a simplified script:
onstart(){void AddEntityCollideCallback(Player, scriptarea, dollactivate);}
void dollactive(Player, scriptarea){    SetEntityActive("item1", true)    (add force)    SetEntityActive("item2", true)    (add force)    ...etc}
Don't forget it's simplified. It's only a example of what you can do. Nothing (except for SetEntityActive) is actually used in scripting.

Signature to awesome to be displayed.
06-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Find
Sherik Offline

Hello
I've been see around in the tutorials, but i can't make some codes work.
I really need to find someone to help us with the codes or tell a site with better tutorials.
Thanks.
06-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Find