Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra: Black Plague Released!
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
RE: Penumbra: Black Plague Released!

seems like we're all in the same boat. Windows XP 64bit Edition, and no luck. it must be on GamersGate's side.
Once I get off work, I'll buy the boxed version. and probably the linux version once it's out. so that's $19.99 x 3, a good $60.00 bucks.

I first heard of penumbra when overture was available for linux, so I had no idea of the "early release issue" that some are talking about
02-12-2008, 04:47 AM
Find
Lockheed Offline

Threads: 2

I too went with GG/electronic download and can't get it to work (like pretty much everyone else). I know it's not the developers' fault but man I so wanna get my game on. Dang GG.

No, I have nothing actually useful to add. Hi. How are you. *twiddles thumbs*.

Jens/Thomas/et.al.,:

I'll recommend for you to smack GG on the head for poorly hosting your wonderful (I'm guessing, haven't played it yet Wink ) game.
02-12-2008, 05:41 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Haha, I forgot the name of the company that did Overtures release, but they accidentally released the game early by 2 or 3 days. Than, on the official release day they forgot to send out the emails for downloading the Game.

The game is released on the 12th; and today is the 11th. Most games let users download the actual game before it's released, however leave out a crucial part of it. Don't be surprised if you receive an email soon! ;-)

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
02-12-2008, 05:46 AM
Find
OneShot Offline

Threads: 4

WindexGlow Wrote:Haha, I forgot the name of the company that did Overtures release, but they accidentally released the game early by 2 or 3 days. Than, on the official release day they forgot to send out the emails for downloading the Game.

The game is released on the 12th; and today is the 11th. Most games let users download the actual game before it's released, however leave out a crucial part of it. Don't be surprised if you receive an email soon! ;-)

That may be so, but that wouldn't explain why someone is having the exact same problem with Overture now (in which it had previously been working)

Shopping at Gamersgate is almost the easiest thing in the world. Just follow these instructions:
1. Buy
2. Download (if possible)
3. E-mail support@Gamersgate.com to figure out why your product isn't working!
4. Wait for a representative to respond.
5. Awaiting step 4 to be completed...
02-12-2008, 05:48 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Penumbratruth.com?!

It all adds up!

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
02-12-2008, 05:53 AM
Find
OneShot Offline

WindexGlow Wrote:Penumbratruth.com?!

It all adds up!

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/...p?t=339408

Shopping at Gamersgate is almost the easiest thing in the world. Just follow these instructions:
1. Buy
02-12-2008, 05:54 AM
Find
Lockheed Offline

Threads: 2

WindexGlow Wrote:Haha, I forgot the name of the company that did Overtures release, but they accidentally released the game early by 2 or 3 days. Than, on the official release day they forgot to send out the emails for downloading the Game.

In addition to what OneShot said, I'd respectfully suggest that a company should not allow people to pay it money, then not give them the product. Yes it's possible that they listed it a day early, but their site makes no mention of "You can't play this/we are withholding a key file until x date", i.e. nothing would suggest that it is effectively a "one-day pre-order" (if that is what is really happening, which I guess we don't know yet).

Even with all of that, if it works tomorrow I'll be ok with it, but still irritated with GG.
02-12-2008, 05:54 AM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

Yeah, theres probolly something screwed up with the downloader or sever or something.
02-12-2008, 05:55 AM
Find
OneShot Offline

Exactly. It's the fact that i've given them my money, and they have accepted it. It was a trade, money for the product. Now my product doesn't work, and now i'm going to use my right to complain about it.

1. Buy
02-12-2008, 06:03 AM
Find
RayMarden Offline

jens Wrote:Because this problem has nothing to do with us, only with the download/sales/what ever system gamers gate is using. Thats why Smile

Jens / Thomas,

I am sorry, but you *are* at fault for letting such a terrible company as GamersGate represent your title.

First off, there is nearly no mention mention of any option to purchase it from the Frictional Games store. If you look at http://www.penumbrablackplague.com/site/buy.php, the giant "Buy" button specifically lists GamersGate. Even when looking at the text link below the "Buy" button, only GamersGate is listed (whereas the other two options have a link to the Frictional Games store.)

Second, there is a small blurb in the bottom-right of the page about purchasing both games from the Frictonal Games store, but when you click on the link, it only lists Overture for purchase.

Third, what have you done in the meantime? Even with knowing all the issues (at this point, essentially credit card fraud) that we are experiencing, why is your website still mentioning, listing, and directing to the terrible GamersGate company? It did not occur to any of you to at least put up a notice, some type of warning, an interim page, or simply remove the GamersGate option until that company got its crap together?

Look, I loved the first game and I would like for all of you to succeed, but it is small, stupid crap like this that really makes me think Frictional Games is not serious about what it is doing.

Thus far, it appears your only response is to do wait and do nothing. Whereas you could have opted to use a different digital download service, could have tested all this before allowing GamersGate to go public, could have specified going live while GamersGate was open, could have posted numerous warnings, and could have yanked any mention of GamersGate, etc.

Penumbra already has a bit of a background for being buggy and none of this is helping.
02-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Find