Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Buying Black plague from other online stores
Aasimar069 Offline

Threads: 1
Buying Black plague from other online stores

Good evening everybody.

First of all, I'd like to say that English is not my mother tongue, since I'm French, so I hope that you won't be to harsh with my words ^^

I'd like first to congratulate you guys from Frictional Games, I've first played the demo Penumbra Overture you uploaded on the internet years ago.

I really liked this "demo" then, and was eagerly waiting for the release of Episode 1 :p

I've bought your game when it was released in France by a French company.

Since I can understand English quite easily, I'm very interested to play your game as soon as possible.

I just tried to buy the game from Gamersgate today. But I am a noob in network, and the fact that I didn't see the "lock" icon on my internet explorer page made me cancel my order (WTF I will not put my credit card information on a screen that does NOT appears to be secured, even if hey tell my that the transaction WILL be secured !!)

I'm really sorry if I'm scared easily, but Gamerstate (and YOU !) would sell more of your games if it was "secured" from the beginning...

As you MIGHT imagine, I'm really interested in playing this game, and reward you for your job, by the way.

But can you please consider the idea of distributing this game from other distributors on the net ?
Or perhaps asking GAMERSTATE to change their selling system ?

I'm sorry to create more troubles, but I don't want to risk anything, so I hope that you could understand me.

I don't want to wait for an hypothetical arrival of this game in my country, and on the other side i'm really willing to play this game ^^

Anyway, keep on the good work, and good luck with your future creations.
02-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
RE: Buying Black plague from other online stores

You should contact gamers gate with this feedback, it would be useful for them to know that users might hesitate to purchase their games. We do not decide which online stores are to sell penumbra, so can't really offer any optional stores.

You can't use paypal instead of the paynova/credit card option then? I tested the paypal option and at least there you are redirected to a secure site before you have to input any sensitive information.

Black Plague is to be released in France, last I heard the date was 3rd of April.
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/jeux/0001/00019767.htm
02-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Website Find