Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How would I play my Xbox 360 on my Laptop? (HDMI)
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
How would I play my Xbox 360 on my Laptop? (HDMI)

So I've been having this idea of playing my Xbox 360 on my laptop, since it's convenient and HD 1080p. I miss playing games like Halo Reach (Xbox exclusive). I've done a bit of searching and learned:
- My Laptop's HDMI port is an OUTPUT, not an input.
- There is a plug and software called "EasyCap". Problem is it works on components, not HDMI. It's apparently a capture card as well, which is nice, but I don't need it.

Is there a software out there that may run a direct HDMI plug but could switch it from OUTPUT to INPUT? as well as maybe run in full screen or at least a large portion of my screen?

I need my options broadened...
06-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: How would I play my Xbox 360 on my Laptop? (HDMI)

Software cannot manipulate the structure of the hardware (i.e. you can't convert female into male ports through software). If you had a desktop computer, you could obtain a capture card and possibly plug it in and use that. A laptop is too limited for what you want to do.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-18-2012, 12:35 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(06-18-2012, 12:35 AM)Your Computer Wrote: Software cannot manipulate the structure of the hardware (i.e. you can't convert female into male ports through software). If you had a desktop computer, you could obtain a capture card and possibly plug it in and use that. A laptop is too limited for what you want to do.
EasyCap is a capture card which reads components through USB. But again, it isn't HDMI. Why would I waste 1080p and an extra HDMI cable lying around, you know? Is there other software out there that can read HDMI through USB, rather than components? And perhaps doesn't automatically waste space on my hard drive by recording it?

Also, my laptop is the strongest PC in my house. Even stronger than many of my friends' desktops (Asus G74SX)... I love this thing. =D
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2012, 02:27 AM by Statyk.)
06-18-2012, 02:25 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

You could probably find a HDMI to USB adapter that works for your needs and try to use that.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Website Find