Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Max Payne 3
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48
Thumbs Up  Max Payne 3

I just finished the story mode of Max Payne 3, and wow, I have to say i was quite surprised!

I was a bit sceptical at first about the fact that Sam Lake (writer of Max Payne 1 & 2, Alan Wake @Remedy games) didn't write a follow up for Max Payne 2.

So everything was in the hands of Rockstar games (Rockstar studios). I just hoped that they wouldn't dishonour the legendary max payne legacy!

Which they didn't AT ALL!

Story was top notch, great soundtrack, great voice acting (Hell, it's James McCaffrey! The one and only voice of Max Payne).

Also graphics wise, I loved how they thought of every detail in each level! The favelas stand out the most for me as you have to look after every corner, every window, every doorway for enemies, you can really feel the hostility from the inhabitants towards you (favela gangs don't like americans that much xD).

Also the ending (i won't spoil it for you) was very satisfying! It really concluded the story of Max Payne.
Still, I like his character so much, it would be a shame to never hear from Max Payne again after MP3.

I never thought they could've bested the previous max payne games, so props Rockstar Games!

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2012, 09:36 AM by Gunslingerjh.)
06-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Find
vanjavk Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Max Payne 3

I don't like Max Payne 3. It has awesome graphics and that but it's only shooting pretty much, got bored very fast Big Grin

vanjavk
07-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Max Payne 3

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the first two games, third one was massively dissapointing.
The entire game lacks the Max Payne feel to it and it's really just one giant cutscene, it made me sad.
07-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Find