Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Splinter Cell: Extinction
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5
Splinter Cell: Extinction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCBkIKdCpzg

Prologue there, episodes 1-7 and Finale in suggestions column. Pretty good fan series, well made.

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
06-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Splinter Cell: Extinction

Just watched the prologue and I'm intrigued. I don't like the cinematography and acting but it's surprisingly well made. Will definitely watch it all as I'm a huge Splinter Cell fan. Some issues I just can't ignore though:

Spoiler below!
1. That random guy wandering around the office was an NSA employee the entire time (and double agent because his retina checked through)? So the NSA was planning on capturing the main Splinter Cell before he even entered the complex, and so they contacted the guy conveniently working undercover at the office and told him to accidentally bump into the protagonist, assume the protagonist would use him to access the retina scanner and eventually lead him into an ambush? Talk about a Batman gambit… Sheesh.

2. So all Splinter Cells now have a syringe that contains sedative counter-agents? First of all, there are different types of sedatives and if you wanted to create a counter-sedative (which is impossible I think, and at the very least would take a few minutes to work) you would need to know the exact type. Splinter Cells are specially trained to remain undetected, so why would they ever have a counter-sedative syringe? Not to mention the time you realize you need to administer it is the time you're unconscious.

Cool series so far though.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2012, 10:20 PM by Bridge.)
06-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Find
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5

(06-17-2012, 10:19 PM)Bridge Wrote:
Spoiler below!
2. So all Splinter Cells now have a syringe that contains sedative counter-agents? First of all, there are different types of sedatives and if you wanted to create a counter-sedative (which is impossible I think, and at the very least would take a few minutes to work) you would need to know the exact type. Splinter Cells are specially trained to remain undetected, so why would they ever have a counter-sedative syringe? Not to mention the time you realize you need to administer it is the time you're unconscious.
Spoiler below!
According to the Splinter Cell novels, Sam Fisher carries a syringe of adrenaline for use in emergency situations. It can "rescue a man from the brink of death". Plus no soldier or operative of any kind goes behind enemy lines without some sort of first aid, and in a splinter cell's case it would have to be quite compact.

Yeah there are a few plot holes & flaws, but overall it's well done. This is a fan series, after all... by fans with way too much time & money on their hands

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
06-18-2012, 06:46 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(06-18-2012, 06:46 AM)Xanatos Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 10:19 PM)Bridge Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Spoiler below!
According to the Splinter Cell novels, Sam Fisher carries a syringe of adrenaline for use in emergency situations. It can "rescue a man from the brink of death". Plus no soldier or operative of any kind goes behind enemy lines without some sort of first aid, and in a splinter cell's case it would have to be quite compact.

Yeah there are a few plot holes & flaws, but overall it's well done. This is a fan series, after all... by fans with way too much time & money on their hands
Spoiler below!
Yes of course, but it would never counter a sedative like that so easily and so quickly. Epinephrine most notably causes almost instant tachycardia which can save your life if your heart is about to stop (like in Crank). However, general anesthesia does not stop your heart; it completely paralyzes you (by relaxing the muscles (even the ones you use to breath) and puts you in a coma (and causes amnesia). Using an adrenaline shot would at best slow down the absorption rate of the sedatives, but you are going under once it is in your system. I'm not a doctor though so don't quote me on that one; pretty sure that's how it works though.
06-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Find