Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I Got Invited
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: I Got Invited

(06-21-2012, 12:28 PM)MatiaSika Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 03:14 AM)pil Wrote: Here is my review and I'll post a play through once I edit it. Been pretty busy lately.

Review. Before I forget -.-

Spoiler below!

Unfortunately I don't think this one was good like your last one. Everything seemed cool until I got locked into the prison. I did enjoy that dining hall portion when I drank the liquid and started tripping out. However after that is where I started not to enjoy it as much because it was so dark. You can probably also tell because I sound less enthusiastic about the map after that point. I did not find a lantern. Since I found about 4 oils I am assuming that I missed it somewhere but I was not 100% sure. Basically it was so hard for me to see for that portion of the map up until the long hallway leading to the library.

After I got out of the prison cell, my vision was still red, dark and I was moving slowly. I figured it was normal while I was in that prison room, but once I got out, I could hardly see anything which you'll see in the video. This made it really hard to find where I was going, especially since I was moving so slowly. Other areas of the story were also dark in general. For example when I was in the reservoir.

I'm sorry to have to say it like this, but that is how it went. I did not find a lantern, so I had to base my review on the fact that I wasn't given one and had to try and find my way through the darkness.

Spoiler below!
Oh.. Sad Sad to hear that.. There still was a lantern in the prison area but.. Sad to hear that you didn't enjoy, I'm sorry.
Don't apologize, he's helping you. Learn from the mistakes he pointed out and make sure not to make them in the future.

Posting Freak
06-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Website Find
pil Offline

Threads: 0

Yeah there isn't a need for an apology, part of it was probably because I didn't find that lantern which was my fault. In the video you'll see the parts I struggled on, or should I say not see cause I couldn't really see. But I'm having video card problems and I cannot render any videos at the moment. Hopefully I can fix it soon.

(This post was last modified: 06-22-2012, 04:03 AM by pil.)
06-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Find
ShiningBlader Offline

Threads: 1

Does this CS has jumpscares (or rather, "cheapscares")?

I've read that your previous one (Don't drink too much) had a lot of them and I didn't play it.
06-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Find
MatiaSika Offline

Threads: 9

(06-25-2012, 06:46 PM)ShiningBlader Wrote: Does this CS has jumpscares (or rather, "cheapscares")?

I've read that your previous one (Don't drink too much) had a lot of them and I didn't play it.

It has, but only few.

And my previous CS, I think it hasn't so much.. You can count them witt one hand, easily.

Follow me on twitter or like my page on facebook
06-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Website Find
Akahoshi Offline

/!\ [SPOIL] /!\

What do I must do when I appear in the cell? It's too dark to look at around, I have recovered a hammer but I don't understand I must do with it. Hmmm... Can you give me a clue? Smile
06-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Find
MatiaSika Offline

(06-25-2012, 08:56 PM)Akahoshi Wrote: /!\ [SPOIL] /!\

What do I must do when I appear in the cell? It's too dark to look at around, I have recovered a hammer but I don't understand I must do with it. Hmmm... Can you give me a clue? Smile

Spoiler below!
You have to break that cell wall with it, where the bed reclained

06-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Website Find
bonca Offline

good custom story.... but i really suggest u go and search every room and ect... because this custom is really hard without lantern.... its quite easy to find after all....

FIND THAT LANTERN! ... dont come here to whine about it, because u missed it.

and about jump scares .... i am big fan of those but this cs does not have many of those.. so play it!

i enjoyed this cs as tester and i really can suggest this to others Big Grin

but "dont drink too much" was still "best made by matiasika"
07-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Find
MatiaSika Offline

(07-19-2012, 12:25 AM)bonca Wrote: good custom story.... but i really suggest u go and search every room and ect... because this custom is really hard without lantern.... its quite easy to find after all....

FIND THAT LANTERN! ... dont come here to whine about it, because u missed it.

and about jump scares .... i am big fan of those but this cs does not have many of those.. so play it!

i enjoyed this cs as tester and i really can suggest this to others Big Grin

but "dont drink too much" was still "best made by matiasika"

Thanks ;D

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2012, 12:41 PM by MatiaSika.)
07-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Website Find
SpeedSlothZ Offline

Nice CS you got here, it was good, it got annoying at some parts, but overall, i think you did a pretty good job with this. 8 or 8.5/10

[Image: lol.gif] Check out my Youtube
08-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Website Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

Spoiler below!
I have to agree with Pil, the lack of light is really annoying. I did find the lantern but there was still a lack of light. I had to walk through those hallways without being able to see anything and crawling on the floor with that annoying beep sound. At one point you put a laudanum and a sanity potion in a bottom drawer, and they simply didn't show up in my inventory? Sad I guess that was unintentional.

All of this did make the monsters more challenging though, which I like.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
08-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Find