Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Not Updating Static Objects Correctly
DragonRuins Offline

Threads: 4
Level Editor Not Updating Static Objects Correctly

I just noticed that I probably put this in the wrong sub-forum. If that is true, someone please reply that it is and I will try to find the correct one.I've been working on my custom story "The Bad Birthday" and It's been coming along really well, but then for some reason the level editor doesn't seem to be saving any walls or carpets that I remove, move, and add. I can't seem to figure out why, but here's a screenshot of the same spot in the editor and in-game:

In Editor:
[Image: 2qa5mh3.png]

I don't know if you can tell, but look ^ by the lever, I have a 'broken' castlebase wall on it.
In-Game:
[Image: 2193xih.jpg]
But here ^, The walls on the left of the table are to the left more, and the broken wall where the lever is doesn't exist, and now the lever is just floating there.

I'm very confident that it's ONLY static objects, and I am 100% sure that I'm not editing a separate map file. Because I ADDED in the table and the lever and such AFTER I moved the walls. But then the table and lever ARE there when the walls haven't moved.

Any help would be appreciated! Big Grin

[Image: 76561198012068277.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2012, 05:19 AM by DragonRuins.)
06-22-2012, 04:21 AM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Level Editor Not Updating Static Objects Correctly

Delete any .map_cache files from the folder you put your maps in.

Also, we have a report button. If you find that you have placed your topic in the wrong section, REPORT your topic.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-22-2012, 05:11 AM
Website Find
DragonRuins Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Level Editor Not Updating Static Objects Correctly

(06-22-2012, 05:11 AM)Your Computer Wrote: Delete any .map_cache files from the folder you put your maps in.

Also, we have a report button. If you find that you have placed your topic in the wrong section, REPORT your topic.
Thank You, very much! That did it. And I'll remember that next time in-case I misplace another topic.

[Image: 76561198012068277.png]
06-22-2012, 05:19 AM
Website Find