Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia keeps crashing when I'm testing my custom story
7thProductions Offline

Threads: 17
Amnesia keeps crashing when I'm testing my custom story

Everything was working just fine when I made my first map and did the scripting, and when I made the second map and set it up to switch to the second map at a certain point and that worked. But when I started working on a .HPS file for the second map, Amnesia began to crash as the second map was loading and I can't figure out what is wrong.

I do recall reading on a different thread (can't remember the name) that the map cache could cause some problems, but I don't think that has anything to do with this.

---

EDIT, after I found the hpl.log file under the maps folder: I don't understand what this means, or how to fix it, but I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me:
[hpl.log file:
ERROR: Unable to open config file 'MainEditorSettings.cfg'! Invalid filepointer returned!]
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2012, 06:13 PM by 7thProductions.)
06-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: Amnesia keeps crashing when I'm testing my custom story

What you should do is have the custom_story_settings.cfg file start you off in your second map. This way, it will tell you where the script errors are. This is most likely what you are having trouble with.

06-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Find