Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Unplayable
Schwarze Pest Offline

Threads: 6
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Unplayable

Well i don't have the same bug as much as you but i recognized some FPS going to the minimum at some parts of the game but only for 1-2 seconds and this happened in an small room with no monsters or much objects around.

Oh, this happened two times so far. My System:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+
Ati Radeon X1950 Pro (512MB)
2GB RAM

Don't know if it's a bug or just my system loading something or so.

<3 Horror Adventures
02-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Find
Chase Offline

Threads: 0

same problem from the part on when you get from the surface area to the large stairway...
Changed settings to min. -> problem still there

System:
P4 3,0GHz
786MB RAM
Geforce 6600GT AGP (latest drivers installed).

Mentioned some FPS-problems with the mattress and the dog => Maybe the problem 's the ragdolls ?
02-19-2008, 12:52 AM
Find
barbiedoll Offline

Threads: 1

Thomas Wrote:Right now I am loooking into the ATI HD bugs, but when that is done I will check this. Would be nice if you people that are having this problem could check in every now and then since I will probably upload a special exe that can messure where most time is spent. And the sooner I can get feedback from that the sooner I can fix it.

ok well i'm another player having the same messed up issues with lagging when u enter the research facility it goes way slow especialy when your trying to escape zombies. I'm using an ati x1650pro agp card and it was running fine until i got to that part of the game which is the ending so obviously something went wrong or changed at that point of development. I think u should also test the x1000 series cards as well as the HD ones. FYI using windows xp sp2
02-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Find
fmgt98
Unregistered

I'm just bumping this post back up as I still cannot play the game. I'm sure there are others as well. I have tried everything I can think of to no avail.

Things I have tried.

1. New Drivers
2. Uninstall and reinstall (Game was origiinally installed on my 2nd hard drive, on drive ESmile but reinstalled to drive C:
3. Updated Direct X 9
4. Cleared the game cache as suggested in a previous post.
5. Played other games to verify there was no issue with them (There wasn't) Can play Unreal Tournament 2K4 on highest settings with no issue at all
6. Tried many different in game settings. (Even went down to lowest graphical settings) This created a slight performance increase but I shouldn't have to play the game at that setting.

Things I have noticed.

1. When the game first started it was kind of laggy, especially when seeing zombies.
2. Walking in halls, the game sputtered.
3. When I first wore the gas mask the game was playable but I noticed that caused additional lag. (Not sure if the lag was due to the gases or the gas mask itself.)
4. As the game progresses, the lag gets worse. Now when coming across zombies its unplayable as the frame rate appears to go down to 1 or 2 fps. Once again i ask, is there a way to check fps in this game?

Those are basic observations. I can provide additional information if requested. Please address this issue as I know I am not the only one experiencing this and I really would like an opportunity to finish the game.
02-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Chase Offline

@fmgt98 i know exactly how you feel. I want to finish the game, too, but i cant, its too laggy. 1-2 fps.
(if you want to show FPS of a game ingame, look here: http://www.fraps.com)

i still got the same problems as fmgt98, and i hope a patch will be released soon, as announced by Thomas, I think. Keep up the work, we are waiting...
02-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

While waiting, could you try this tip?
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...6#pid15956
02-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Website Find
Chase Offline

jens Wrote:While waiting, could you try this tip?
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...6#pid15956

does not work for me...
02-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Find
mbe Offline

Have the same problem Sad The game was lagging occasionally before (for example near gas), but when I've entered Chemical Lab fps radically went down. Firstly with the first zombie, then also a lot in the area with green lights/cameras, and it gets unplayable when those two zombies start to chase me.

Sad
02-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Find
fmgt98
Unregistered

I also tried setting my CPU priority for the game to high with no change. Still a horrible lag.
02-24-2008, 04:19 AM
Chase Offline

i finally got to the room, where you have to put those chemicals into the machine and even in this small rooms its lagging a lot !
At first the fps was ok but then, i cant hold it out...
02-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Find