Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Game is crashing! Help!
ss_dennis Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game is crashing! Help!

yeah sure the update replaces the exe..also replaces some files too.i checked them mate Wink
02-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Find
zardonaz Offline

Threads: 1

Hey everyone... Katana has provided a saved game (auto save) from the point just outside the door. It's a temporary fix and works but the inventory items you had will now be from that game so it can be very confusing.

If you want to try it check out the thread "Chemical-labs-exit-door-crash savegame"

Does ANYone with a FULL inventory have a save to share???
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2008, 08:26 PM by ss_dennis.)
02-16-2008, 08:12 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Can anyone with this crash please post a save game so that we can test this?

Go to My Documents/Penumbra/Black Plague/save and then take the save file from either auto or spot folder depending on what the last save is you have. Try to take a save from when you have picked up the substance and the only thing left to do is escaping the 2 min countdown.
02-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Website Find
Kroimpa Offline

Threads: 0

Here you go :

http://dodownload.filefront.com/9656039/...382858a6c3
02-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

I have now tested this save, as well as the other save we previously had that resulted in this crash.

I have tested this with the Gamer's gate version of the game and with a hotfix patched CD version of the game and it does not crash anymore. If I play with the original installation from the CD it does crash. This tells me that the crash is indeed fixed with the hotfix.

So I would kindly ask this to the users that said:
The game is crashing for me and the hotfix is not working for me!

To be honest and tell me if the fix is "not working" because you have acquired the game from a "free" location and the reason the patch does not work is because it restores the copy protection. Or if in fact the game is a legit copy and the patch does not fix it.

Thomas & I have spent 2 days trying to solve this crash and it seems to have been fixed all along, only that users have not been honest with us.

We could have spent these 2 days working on the next game instead!
02-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Website Find