Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Entities/particles etc. in AMFP
R. Peters Offline

Threads: 10
Entities/particles etc. in AMFP

Ok, so i've been working on my latest project (A Dark Night In London) for a good few months now, and with the approach of the AMFP release date (which i'm thoroughly looking forwards to Big Grin) i'm becoming concerned that I won't finish the project in time. So anyway, long story short, I hate releasing things before I feel they're complete, so does anyone know if AMFP will support all the same file types for music, particles, entities, static objects, enemies etc. that were used in TDD? If it does then I can continue to work on ADNIL after the release of AMFP and hopefully even improve the story using models from AMFP (it looks like it has better support for outdoor environments Big Grin).
Official sources would be helpful although educated guesses are more than welcome Smile Need to know whether to release early or not.
EDIT: Ok, I got an email back from the chinese room. What he said indicated that by the time AMFP is released, some more complex entities (enemies, lever objects etc. presumably) from TDD may not function in AMFP. However, that would also indicate that some things may still work, such as static objects and perhaps some simpler entities like drawers. Also, looking at the trailer I saw quite a few of the wall sets etc. (you can clearly see mansionbase and cellarbase) in play as well as what looked like the potato sack in the final clip where the pig monster is smashing down the door. This would back up what I just said, so hopefully we shall be able to edit both TDD and AMFP using stuff from both games to some extent. He also mentioned that they havn't changed particle systems at all yet. Presumably they'll remain similar or the same so the old ones will work then Smile Hope this helps some people with more questions like mine.

Author of: - A Morbid New Year (Also available as a full conversion).
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2012, 10:33 AM by R. Peters.)
06-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Find
Oink Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Entities/particles etc. in AMFP

Try emailing thechineseroom:

dan@thechineseroom.co.uk

Not sure if he'll tell you, but worth a try. Smile
06-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

It'll be running off the same engine. I don't see why it shouldn't.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Website Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

It's using an updated HPL 2

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
06-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Updated, not different engine. Everything should work fine. SHOULD.
06-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Find
R. Peters Offline

Threads: 10

(06-25-2012, 08:02 PM)Traggey Wrote: Updated, not different engine. Everything should work fine. SHOULD.
Great Smile Cheers Tragg. I'll try emailing thechineseroom as well, but unless they say otherwise i'll assume it should Smile Let's just hope it does as well as should eh XD

(06-25-2012, 07:07 PM)Oink Wrote: Try emailing thechineseroom:

dan@thechineseroom.co.uk

Not sure if he'll tell you, but worth a try. Smile
Cheers, tried it. Waiting on a response. Good idea Smile

Author of: - A Morbid New Year (Also available as a full conversion).
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2012, 06:52 AM by R. Peters.)
06-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Find