Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom story idea
Dune Jumper Offline

Threads: 1
Lightbulb  Custom story idea

So I just thought up this custom story.

Your name is (insert name here.) you are a detective who has been investigating murders that have been going on in a small country town named (insert name here.) When the game starts off, you are investigating another murder, (this is where you gain control and start playing,) you follow a blood trail leading from the crime scene to the front door of the (insert name here) mansion. You enter it. When you take your first few steps, the floor falls out from under you and you fall into the celler, (then you will solve a few puzzles down there to get out of the celler and back to the first floor) and from there on you will figure out what's going on. (haven't thought of anything beyond here yet,) so we will have to think of something if anyone ever does work on this custom story. Also, it takes place in the 1960's. So it will have to be a total conversion to and make the mansion look a tad bit more modern than a typical custom story. Plus you should use the flashlight that was used in White Night, (I'm not sure if he was the one that made the model.)

You may ask "Why don't you make the mod yourself?"
Well, I have trouble just getting HPL to WORK. Much less create a total conversion. So I'm looking for anyone to make this custom story happen.
And no offense to anyone who isn't very good at mapping, you HAVE to be a good mapper. I don't want the custom story to be terrible if it ever does happen, and also, no cheesy naked guy jumpscares! I want this mod to be original!
And it would also help if you were really good at grammar, if the notes in the custom story have spelling mistakes, it kinda ruins the mood.
I also haven't thought of a name for the custom story yet, so suggestions will be appreciated!
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2012, 09:00 AM by Dune Jumper.)
06-30-2012, 07:59 AM
Website Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39
RE: Custom story idea

I'm kind of already working on a story like this, actually. :p

The whole part of like being an investigator and going into a mansion (to investigate, of course) and using the flashlight. But that's pretty much all the similarities to this idea story.
06-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Find
Dune Jumper Offline

(06-30-2012, 08:50 AM)Xvideogamer720X Wrote: I'm kind of already working on a story like this, actually. :p

The whole part of like being an investigator and going into a mansion (to investigate, of course) and using the flashlight. But that's pretty much all the similarities to this idea story.
Cool, do you think you will use some of my ideas? (Starting outside, following the blood, and then falling into the celler?) because I think it will add to the uniqueness.
Also do you think you could port some penumbra models? Because I don't want the typical naked guys lying around...
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2012, 08:58 AM by Dune Jumper.)
06-30-2012, 08:57 AM
Website Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

its funny how the trend of detective-stories are around. its a good idea, i suppose, but its gonna get overused. try thinking of something.. fresh ^^

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
06-30-2012, 10:59 AM
Find
EXAWOLT Offline

Threads: 14

haha im also workin´on a explorers amnesia^^

simply nuff said

06-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Find
Dune Jumper Offline

(06-30-2012, 10:09 AM)Robosprog Wrote:
(06-30-2012, 08:57 AM)Dune Jumper Wrote:
(06-30-2012, 08:50 AM)Xvideogamer720X Wrote: I'm kind of already working on a story like this, actually. :p

Cool, do you think you will use some of my ideas? (Starting outside, following the blood, and then falling into the celler?) because I think it will add to the uniqueness.
Also do you think you could port some penumbra models? Because I don't want the typical naked guys lying around...
Wait, why are you asking people to make this for you, and not making a custom story yourself?
"Well, I have trouble just getting HPL to WORK. Much less create a total
conversion. So I'm looking for anyone to make this custom story happen."

(06-30-2012, 10:59 AM)darkadders Wrote: its funny how the trend of detective-stories are around. its a good idea, i suppose, but its gonna get overused. try thinking of something.. fresh ^^
Heh, I didn't even notice the detective stories. XD
But I'd still like my custom story idea...I wish I could do it myself, but darn I'm terrible at making games.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2012, 05:47 PM by Dune Jumper.)
06-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Website Find
Dune Jumper Offline

(06-30-2012, 06:08 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(06-30-2012, 05:39 PM)Dune Jumper Wrote:
(06-30-2012, 10:09 AM)Robosprog Wrote:
(06-30-2012, 08:57 AM)Dune Jumper Wrote:

Wait, why are you asking people to make this for you, and not making a custom story yourself?
"Well, I have trouble just getting HPL to WORK. Much less create a total
conversion. So I'm looking for anyone to make this custom story happen."

(06-30-2012, 10:59 AM)darkadders Wrote: its funny how the trend of detective-stories are around. its a good idea, i suppose, but its gonna get overused. try thinking of something.. fresh ^^
Heh, I didn't even notice the detective stories. XD
But I'd still like my custom story idea...I wish I could do it myself, but darn I'm terrible at making games.
So because you have difficulties, you shift the work on to others instead of just trying harder to fix those problems?
Y U NO understand what I'm saying?
06-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Website Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39

This is actually true, hence, I can hopefully release it before it does get overused, like my previous story (the overused "Waking up and not remembering" types of stories) :/

If it does get overused before I release it, I'm going to be pissed lol. :p
Quote: Cool, do you think you will use some of my ideas? (Starting outside, following the blood, and then falling into the celler?) because I think it will add to the uniqueness. Also do you think you could port some penumbra models? Because I don't want the typical naked guys lying around...
Um... this is actually going to be how I want it. My own story. I understand how you'd want others to do the story for you, but bro, everyone is going to flame on you about that (just a heads up).
07-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Find