Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Ending [Reveled][Major Spoilers]
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
RE: The Ending [Reveled][Major Spoilers]

what about the computer room and trapping that thing in there; same one asking for a saw. was that your mind talking and the infected person responding? or what? maybe I have to play that again. I don't always get things in order the first time
02-20-2008, 12:07 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

I actually loved the spiders! A bit annoying, but a different challenge (having to keep them at bay with the flashlight)

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
02-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Find
Sepai Offline

Threads: 10

The way i see it is simple

(intro to overture)
Howard sent Philip the message to destroy the evidence of where the tuurngait is but he failed cause Philip got curious and went over to the mine.

Game ends when the tuurngait wanting Philip to do the same but he betray them by sending a message telling you the coordinates and telling you the destroy them.
sure there is more to it then just that but that is a simple as i can get it

Personally I kinda like the way it ended no huge battle with the hive mind or any thing silly as that just a simple message to get some else to finish them off for him. Since it is not in style of the game to put on a red bandanna and go Rambo exterminating every thing that moves in the place.
02-20-2008, 04:34 AM
Find
kosta081287
Unregistered

Well i wish the ending was diffrent i mean,so philip would do what the virus asked him to do the turnguill because as always humans try to destroy and own everything they disscover and the virus basicly explained that he attacked because they left him no choice.The virus asked him to make all the traces to the place dissapire to isolate him from the world which means he,the hive had good intentions why would he ask to destroy something that was much earlier than humans.anyways i think he should just asked to seal the place just likle the virus wanted...

As for clerance it seems that by the end clarence became and induvidual virus by the time being in phillip's head.The other infected did say that he can't be alone that they all must be one so did clarence developed a self own personnality and motives with instinct of survival???

I think it would be great if phillip could stay with him since they both looked working in a better way.Besides clarence diattached from the hive he was afraid to die by the other infected while being inside phillip so he was diffrent and was in the favour of phillip!!!

I won't mind having someone as him inside my brain as long as it won't make me act in a wierd way and physically change me lol
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2008, 04:06 PM by dantsp.)
02-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:what about the computer room and trapping that thing in there; same one asking for a saw. was that your mind talking and the infected person responding? or what? maybe I have to play that again. I don't always get things in order the first time
Well, by that time you already got "visited" by Clarence, and he constantly tried to get the other Tuurngait to attack you ("Feast on him, brother! Free us both!").
I could imagine him making you hear this voice, so you get the attention of the Tuurngait creature in the room

kosta081287 Wrote:Well i wish the ending was diffrent i mean,so philip would do what the virus asked him to do the turnguill because as always humans try to destroy and own everything they disscover and the virus basicly explained that he attacked because they left him no choice.The virus asked him to make all the traces to the place dissapire to isolate him from the world which means he,the hive had good intentions why would he ask to destroy something that was much earlier than humans.anyways i think he should just asked to seal the place just likle the virus wanted...
Just look at it this way:
Philip dropped down into the mine. He got attacked by numerous dangerous creatures, some of which are totally disfigured humans (or ex-humans), he got sent on wrong ways, was forced to kill at least two human beings (OK, Red might have been half-Tuurngait), finds out that quite likely all of the base personnel got either killed or changed into something weird (Frisk becoming the hunter, for example, and of course the Tuurngait), was in constant danger of death, got possessed by an evil entity, and finally finds out who was responsible for all that.
What would you do under these circumstances?

Quote:As for clerance it seems that by the end clarence became and induvidual virus by the time being in phillip's head.The other infected did say that he can't be alone that they all must be one so did clarence developed a self own personnality and motives with instinct of survival???
I'm pretty sure he did. All other Tuurngait, especially of course the hive mind, referred to themdelves as "we", and - as the hive mind hinted - the death of a single Tuurngait "part" doesn't matter much, but Clarence is afraid to die.
And of course the saying you mentioned yourself: "There can not be one! There can only be us all".
Oh, and if he had been attached to the hive mind I don't think the Tuurngait would have had such a hard time finding you.

Quote:I think it would be great if phillip could stay with him since they both looked working in a better way.Besides clarence diattached from the hive he was afraid to die by the other infected while being inside phillip so he was diffrent and was in the favour of phillip!!!
Oh, yes, he certainly was in favour of Philip, especially when he made him kill Amabel, tried to incapacitate him, scared him several times by making him see and hear things, and finally attacked him when he got transferred into the Tuurngait body.
Sounds like a really nice guy Wink

Quote:I won't mind having someone as him inside my brain as long as it won't make me act in a wierd way and physically change me lol
You did play the game, right? Are you serious?

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
02-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Find
kosta081287
Unregistered

[/quote]You did play the game, right? Are you serious?
[/quote]

Well actually i did played it i mean it was fun to hear such things i mean when you not imagine it like a sychizoprenic person but you really have another one in your brain :p.I guess i tought it could be helpfull having more solutions to a problem lol

And about what you said that hes being nice there were times where he spoke normaly to Phillip and in the end when he did the scary things and such it was only because he tought he would die.Anyway alot of people complained about clarence but i actually liked that dude!!!

Red was something special of course with his voice but clarence wasn't so bad either.

P.S=Please make more games or sequals why can't it be like smallville episodes lentgh lol i never enjoyed a game as this one and overture those were the best games ever.Theres nothing like this the only game i played which was better but horrefiying in a similar way is call of cthulhu but there are no games out there like this and people doesn't know that we like this kind of stuff more then the regular fps\advanture games
02-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Thaliur Offline

kosta081287 Wrote:Well actually i did played it i mean it was fun to hear such things i mean when you not imagine it like a sychizoprenic person but you really have another one in your brain :p.I guess i tought it could be helpfull having more solutions to a problem lol
OK, I agree about the multiple-solutions part. You'd be like a one-man-team.
But almost at the beginning he already starts removing Philip's memories, sends him through a series of nightmarish tests (according to the game files, it actually was Clarence who did it first) and hides things from him (the library door for example).

I thought Clarence was a nice addition to the game, illustrating the infection quite effectively, but as a person, I disliked him right from the start..

Maybe a friendly Clarence would be great to have in your brain. Although it would feel weird, having someone watch everything you do from your perspective.

Oh, maybe you remember him saying "There's nothing I'd like more than to see you suffer horribly" or something similar just after the giant worm died. That didn't sound nice to me.

But I guess it's mostly a matter of personal opinion, so a discussion doesn't make much sense.
Maybe he really has some good sides that I just failed to notice.

02-23-2008, 04:02 AM
Find
kosta081287
Unregistered

Thaliur Wrote:
kosta081287 Wrote:Well actually i did played it i mean it was fun to hear such things i mean when you not imagine it like a sychizoprenic person but you really have another one in your brain :p.I guess i tought it could be helpfull having more solutions to a problem lol
OK, I agree about the multiple-solutions part. You'd be like a one-man-team.
But almost at the beginning he already starts removing Philip's memories, sends him through a series of nightmarish tests (according to the game files, it actually was Clarence who did it first) and hides things from him (the library door for example).

I thought Clarence was a nice addition to the game, illustrating the infection quite effectively, but as a person, I disliked him right from the start..

Maybe a friendly Clarence would be great to have in your brain. Although it would feel weird, having someone watch everything you do from your perspective.

Oh, maybe you remember him saying "There's nothing I'd like more than to see you suffer horribly" or something similar just after the giant worm died. That didn't sound nice to me.

But I guess it's mostly a matter of personal opinion, so a discussion doesn't make much sense.
Maybe he really has some good sides that I just failed to notice.

O i remember all those sentences,unfortanatly i can't quote because i don't remember the excat words but little before the end he did say maybe they should stick toghethor and i even think he said he won't mess with him or something.He was evil form the quotes and i remember tham but like i said he offered him to stay toghethor and he added some other stuff,it was for survivol of course but still.

Does all the people that spoke to you and than got transformed into this creture does it mean that eventually you would lose controll and become one like the doctor that asked for the saw or they were already speaking to you while being a zombie or whatever to trick you and come for them????

I ask because in her computer this doctor said that if Phillip reads this than shes too late i guees she reffered to herself
02-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Thaliur Offline

kosta081287 Wrote:Does all the people that spoke to you and than got transformed into this creture does it mean that eventually you would lose controll and become one like the doctor that asked for the saw or they were already speaking to you while being a zombie or whatever to trick you and come for them????

I ask because in her computer this doctor said that if Phillip reads this than shes too late i guees she reffered to herself
I think in the computer room Clarence made you hear the human voice in order to get the attention of the Tuurngait creature in the office (yes, I still think he wanted to kill Philip ^^).
The message from Dr. Swanson was recorded for the case Philip gets into the Research room and can't talk to her in person I think. And not being able to talk to her would either mean she's dead or she's turned into a Tuurngait creature.
Philip kept saying that the artifacts "partitioned" his mind somehow, so the virus (Clarence in this case) could grow and gain more control over him, so I think sooner or later Philip would have been taken over by the Tuurngait too.

Oh, and one more thing I just remembered Wink

Thaliur Wrote:I found a kind of interesting, but very weird, hypothesis Smile

The foreign material that was discovered in the mine, appears to affect the mind of people (some notes said that).
Maybe the diseased ones are humans who came in contact with that material, which would be quite logical.
Now for some wild speculation...

The Mineral ist a part or product of a kind of hive creature, which maybe crashlanded on Earth about 9000 years ago.
Whenever the mineral enters a living creature's body, it begins to affect the creature's nerves, integrating it into the hive mind, with some physical side-effects which differ from creature to creature (glowing eyes, increased growth...).
Maybe Red also was "infected" by that hive mind.
If he had a serious mental damage before (like a split personality), the hive mind might have been distracted from Red's "heart", so that a part of Red still is Red, while the rest of his mind is occupied by the hive ("parts of my head are not my own", "Get out of my head").
This would explain some things.
Red always seems to know where the player is. If Red really was integrated into the hive, and the other creatures in the mines along with him, he might share their perception, including the rock worms' vibration sense, so he can track the player through the other creatures' perception.
Such a swarm would most likely have a kind of survival instinct, keeping the several creatures within the swarm from harming each other.
When Red wrote that the diseased ones tried to kill him, maybe he was driven out of the hive's home (which might be the Shelter) because of his remaining individuality.
The hive's "soldiers", the worms and wolves, still consider him a part of the hive though, which would explain why he didn't seem to be actively hunted by rock worms, and the rest of the hive's mind in Red's head keeps him from killing himself, because a have creature should try to survive for the sake of the hive.
I wrote that in April larst year, and I have to say, I'm a bit proud of myself Big Grin

02-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Find
kosta081287
Unregistered

Thaliur Wrote:
kosta081287 Wrote:Does all the people that spoke to you and than got transformed into this creture does it mean that eventually you would lose controll and become one like the doctor that asked for the saw or they were already speaking to you while being a zombie or whatever to trick you and come for them????

I think in the computer room Clarence made you hear the human voice in order to get the attention of the Tuurngait creature in the office (yes, I still think he wanted to kill Philip ^^).
The message from Dr. Swanson was recorded for the case Philip gets into the Research room and can't talk to her in person I think. And not being able to talk to her would either mean she's dead or she's turned into a Tuurngait creature.
Philip kept saying that the artifacts "partitioned" his mind somehow, so the virus (Clarence in this case) could grow and gain more control over him, so I think sooner or later Philip would have been taken over by the Tuurngait too.

Oh, and one more thing I just remembered Wink

Thaliur Wrote:I found a kind of interesting, but very weird, hypothesis Smile

The foreign material that was discovered in the mine, appears to affect the mind of people (some notes said that).
Maybe the diseased ones are humans who came in contact with that material, which would be quite logical.
Now for some wild speculation...

The Mineral ist a part or product of a kind of hive creature, which maybe crashlanded on Earth about 9000 years ago.
Whenever the mineral enters a living creature's body, it begins to affect the creature's nerves, integrating it into the hive mind, with some physical side-effects which differ from creature to creature (glowing eyes, increased growth...).
Maybe Red also was "infected" by that hive mind.
If he had a serious mental damage before (like a split personality), the hive mind might have been distracted from Red's "heart", so that a part of Red still is Red, while the rest of his mind is occupied by the hive ("parts of my head are not my own", "Get out of my head").
This would explain some things.
Red always seems to know where the player is. If Red really was integrated into the hive, and the other creatures in the mines along with him, he might share their perception, including the rock worms' vibration sense, so he can track the player through the other creatures' perception.
Such a swarm would most likely have a kind of survival instinct, keeping the several creatures within the swarm from harming each other.
When Red wrote that the diseased ones tried to kill him, maybe he was driven out of the hive's home (which might be the Shelter) because of his remaining individuality.
The hive's "soldiers", the worms and wolves, still consider him a part of the hive though, which would explain why he didn't seem to be actively hunted by rock worms, and the rest of the hive's mind in Red's head keeps him from killing himself, because a have creature should try to survive for the sake of the hive.
I wrote that in April larst year, and I have to say, I'm a bit proud of myself Big Grin

ok nice info ^_^

Btw the virus acted as induivdual,he knew he was from the hive but developed a self ego so maybe he wouldn'd change phillip but only share the mined with him.In the end 3 turngait traped clarence and said he can't be alone they all have to be toghethor.Im sure Clarence wanted to go SOLO lol...It would be good for him.Man he was so glad when he got his own body to controll hehe poor thing.Everything he wished for the entire game had been taken by his own creator the hive

I want more games omg i want more of this its much better than crysis call of duty 4 and everything.I rather play games like this than the fps rotasion cycle!!!
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2008, 01:12 PM by dantsp.)
02-23-2008, 01:08 PM