Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lever help needed
EddieShoe Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Lever help needed [UNSOLVED]

(07-04-2012, 04:56 PM)Steve Wrote:
(07-04-2012, 04:23 PM)FastHunteR Wrote: at the propimpulse line is >
that should be replaced with a number. since you want it to go up I assume, put a positive number at Y like 800, and the rest goes 0
I can't realy see if it works xD I have an lever small so every time I pull it down it goes to the middel again do you know how to keep it so that it stays down?

The levers do that at default. Change it to this in the "Entity" tab while you have it selected.

[Image: amnesialever.png]

EDIT: In other words, check "OverrideDefaults" and uncheck "AutoMoveToAngle".

Currently working on: "Awake"
Progress: ~5%
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2012, 05:14 PM by EddieShoe.)
07-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Find
Steve Offline

Threads: 17

Big Grin Oh thanks that helps alot. now I only have one question how can you set a hatch like which I use like a drainage hatch stuck at min when you enter an area if I would know that I have solved my problem
07-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Find
EddieShoe Offline

(07-04-2012, 05:37 PM)Steve Wrote: Big Grin Oh thanks that helps alot. now I only have one question how can you set a hatch like which I use like a drainage hatch stuck at min when you enter an area if I would know that I have solved my problem
If you want it do to it only once, then I'd add an area where you enter the map that changes the state of the hatch (CollideCallback and stuff with the area). If you want it to be like that every time then just put it under the OnEnter tab in your .HPS file. If you're unsure what script to use then feel free to ask, just make sure you name the exact hatch you're using so it's easier for me, and if you can use pictures.

(This post was last modified: 07-04-2012, 05:42 PM by EddieShoe.)
07-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Find
Steve Offline

(07-04-2012, 05:42 PM)EddieShoe Wrote:
(07-04-2012, 05:37 PM)Steve Wrote: Big Grin Oh thanks that helps alot. now I only have one question how can you set a hatch like which I use like a drainage hatch stuck at min when you enter an area if I would know that I have solved my problem
If you want it do to it only once, then I'd add an area where you enter the map that changes the state of the hatch (CollideCallback and stuff with the area). If you want it to be like that every time then just put it under the OnEnter tab in your .HPS file. If you're unsure what script to use then feel free to ask, just make sure you name the exact hatch you're using so it's easier for me, and if you can use pictures.
Uhmm actually I mean Script area, I don't know the scripting for making a hatch stuck.(at min)
I know how the OnEnter and OnStart works xd

But thanks for the reply anyway
07-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Find
EddieShoe Offline

(07-04-2012, 05:45 PM)Steve Wrote:
(07-04-2012, 05:42 PM)EddieShoe Wrote:
Uhmm actually I mean Script area, I don't know the scripting for making a hatch stuck.(at min)
I know how the OnEnter and OnStart works xd

But thanks for the reply anyway
Well, try to tell me exactly in detail what you want to happen. I'm very patient so I'll do my best! If you want to you can PM me.

07-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Find
Steve Offline

RE: Lever help needed

I alread said this to EddiShoe but I thought I want to get this over with and post it here too.
Well what I want to happen is this you come in an area an you see a hatch (drainhatch) with a rope attached. and a lever mount, you find the lever somewhere and you attache it making "Levelcomplete" active.
when you pull the lever down, the ropes will go tight and the hatch will open.
but I have the problem that I can open the hatch with the hand, so I want to make at a point in the begining before the part of the hatch, to get the hatch stuck at min. because if I set it at stuck in the level editor some freaky stuff happens. ;b
so when you pull the lever the hatch will go unstuck, and stuck at max. and when you pull the lever up it wil go unstuck again, and go stuck at min.
I hope you get what i mean, I explained it as good as I could. I know it's a big text xd

CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
Final Light = 40%
Need of voice actors.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2012, 07:02 PM by Steve.)
07-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(07-04-2012, 06:29 PM)Steve Wrote: I alread said this to EddiShoe but I thought I want to get this over with and post it here too.
Well what I want to happen is this you come in an area an you see a hatch (drainache) witha rope attach an an lever mount you find the lever somewher and you attache it making Levelcomplete active.
when you pull the lever down tha ropes will go tight and the hatch will open.
but I have the problem taht I can open the hatch with the hand so I want to make at a pint inthe begining before taht part fot get the hatch stuck at min because if I set it at stuck in the level editor some freaky stuff happens ;b
so when you pull the lever the hatch will go unsuck and stuck at max and when you pull the lever up it wil go unstuck again and go stuck at min.
I hope you get what i mean, I explained it as good as I could. I know it's a big text xd

Sir I suggest you re-read your own message and atleast try to fix the grammar, that was unreadable.
07-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Find
Steve Offline

(07-04-2012, 06:40 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(07-04-2012, 06:29 PM)Steve Wrote: I alread said this to EddiShoe but I thought I want to get this over with and post it here too.
Well what I want to happen is this you come in an area an you see a hatch (drainache) witha rope attach an an lever mount you find the lever somewher and you attache it making Levelcomplete active.
when you pull the lever down tha ropes will go tight and the hatch will open.
but I have the problem taht I can open the hatch with the hand so I want to make at a pint inthe begining before taht part fot get the hatch stuck at min because if I set it at stuck in the level editor some freaky stuff happens ;b
so when you pull the lever the hatch will go unsuck and stuck at max and when you pull the lever up it wil go unstuck again and go stuck at min.

Sir I suggest you re-read your own message and atleast try to fix the grammar, that was unreadable.
Yeah I just noticed that my self I was in an hurry so that's why it was so messy.
But if you coincidental knew how I should script that. it would be a great help Tongue

CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
Final Light = 40%
Need of voice actors.
07-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Lever help needed [Unsolved]

Nope, sorry I can't script for the love of me.

Also I still can't quite understand what you're asking for, good luck though.
07-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Find
Cruzore Offline

Threads: 2

Look how frictional games made it by searching the map with that hatch that is raised by a rope, look in the script file and figure out how they did it.

Think, before you speak Google, before you post
07-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Find