Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you think Lovecraft's story "At the Mountains of Madness" should be made as a Frctional Games Story?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
40.00%
2 40.00%
No
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

At the Mountains of Madness Question
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
At the Mountains of Madness Question

As of the typing of this thread, I'm still reading Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness". So far I'm impressed and wish to see it as a movie. Now I think it would make a great Frictional Games Story. The question is, do you think so?

To give you an idea of what the monsters look like, I've found (not mine) artworks of the main monsters.

Elder Things: http://ito-saith-webb.deviantart.com/art...g-90698010

Giant Albino Penguins: http://verreaux.deviantart.com/art/Albin...-195983718

Shoggoths: http://eclectixx.deviantart.com/art/Shoggoth-288484101
The Shoggoth looks scarier and more dangerous than anything we've faced in the Frictional Games stories.

EDIT: I've just finished "At the Mountains of Madness" by Lovecraft! Good thing the Shoggoth was distracted at the end!
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2012, 12:00 AM by The Rock Worm.)
07-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: At the Mountains of Madness Question

How do i read it ._.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
07-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(07-04-2012, 05:55 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: How do i read it ._.
You can read it here: http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lov...ddness.htm
07-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Alright, awesome thank you

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
07-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

There are some inspirations of At the Mountains of Madness in the Penumbra games, I think you actually find a book with that title.

Guillermo del Toro was working on an adaptation that sadly went down the drain Sad Apparently his script was rather different from the original story but still, I was curious to see it.
Prometheus has a lot in common with it.

As for a game, why not? I would be curious to see the result!

Did voice acting for:
- My Love.
- Painful Shadows.
07-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(07-04-2012, 06:01 PM)Xss Wrote: There are some inspirations of At the Mountains of Madness in the Penumbra games, I think you actually find a book with that title.

Guillermo del Toro was working on an adaptation that sadly went down the drain Sad Apparently his script was rather different from the original story but still, I was curious to see it.
Prometheus has a lot in common with it.

As for a game, why not? I would be curious to see the result!
Yes, I saw some inspirations in Penumbra and Mountains of Madness. Both the main character heads towards an arctic region (however what they find and the reasons for being there are different). Considering they've done Penumbra, arctic terrain and winds are already available for this story.

I've heard of Promethues (a Xenomorph Aliens-like origins movie). It is still different enough from Lovecraft's Madness story. The monsters, story, and place are different enough to warrant the book to be made into a movie. If we can have a new Spider Man Movie, which I haven't seen, when we already got one just a few years back... then a person could make Mountains of Madness as a Movie.

I too am eager to see this story as a game. Had I the time and ability, I would gladly do it. Importing terrain and cold winds from Penumbra to Amnesia would be easy... well in comparison to the rest. The monsters are totally unique and would require entirely new models/animations.
07-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

Well, our only hope for a movie might be Guillermo del Toro, but after watching Prometheus he said there was no need for a Mountains of Madness movie since both movie were somewhat telling the same story at the core :/ Still, I'm crossing my fingers, hopefully he'll change his mind!

Did voice acting for:
- My Love.
- Painful Shadows.
07-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(07-04-2012, 09:49 PM)Xss Wrote: Well, our only hope for a movie might be Guillermo del Toro, but after watching Prometheus he said there was no need for a Mountains of Madness movie since both movie were somewhat telling the same story at the core :/ Still, I'm crossing my fingers, hopefully he'll change his mind!
I'm with you pal! *Crosses fingers, toes, and eyes*
07-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Find