Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm

[Image: 920447logo.png]

Creator: Kreekakon
Release Date: 2012/7/7

Story:
You are a Taiwanese university student named Hao-Che "Howard" Shie who goes to the Hsiung-Ming
University. On what seems like a typical morning, Howard is alone in his dorm room sleeping because of all his roommates, he is the only one without morning classes. Suddenly, an emergency evacuation of dorm broadcast rings out for some reason, waking Howard up suddenly. In his frantic attempts to get off the top bunk of his bed, he falls to the floor, and is knocked unconscious.

Hours later, he wakes up, and finds that the dorm building is now completely deserted since the evacuation (During which he was left behind in the panic), and enveloped by a strange unnatural darkness...

About:

This is the first custom story I made, and the first intended of the series. It's not a very long custom story, and will take 10 to 20 minutes to beat it average. Hope you like it!

NOTE: This mod will require the Justine update.

Features:
  • Voice-acting in Chinese with English subtitles.
  • Main setting will be the dorm building. Date is modern day taking place in 2011.
  • Has a healthy(?) mix of different types of scares.
  • Non-linear hub style gameplay
  • Decisions taken throughout will affect will affect game dialogue, some slight, and some more noticeable. Play multiple times to experience it all!
  • I believe that too difficult, vague puzzles(Or simply level progression) =/= good puzzles. I have taken extensive measures to ensure the player does not get stuck too easily. If you do, read your mementos, or look at your items. The answer will always be clear.
Download Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3zvc6rsgdmaeqa8

Updates:
2012/07/10: version 1.1
-Adjusted lighting for main hall. Lighting will now work as originally intended for those playing with brightness settings of 1.0
-Player will now start with 3 oil cans
-Changed some on-screen text
Screenshots:

Spoiler below!

[Image: 209615dormhallway.png]

Spoiler below!
[Image: 822511studyhall.png]
Spoiler below!
[Image: 470638tvroom.png]

Moddb:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/hell-awakening...e-the-dorm

Cheers all, and be sure to leave feedback!

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2015, 01:08 PM by Kreekakon.)
07-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Find
clock123 Offline

Threads: 18
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm

looks very good.
07-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Find
ChallengeME. Offline

Threads: 2

Awesome map, just completed it, really great mapdesign. I also like that it's chinese something unique, I didn't experience any bugs/glitches . And that it's your first map, really, REALLY great job.

- I would really like to see a Chapter 2. 9/10 here.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2012, 07:45 PM by ChallengeME..)
07-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Thanks for the feedback guys!
(07-06-2012, 07:44 PM)ChallengeME. Wrote: I also like that it's chinese something unique,
Yeah, might consider doing an English version later if I feel like it =)
07-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

I feel kinda bad because you're not getting much attention, or so atleast it seems.

Just cause of that i'm going to play this and leave my feedback! ^^

Allright, i've played it and it's time for some constructive critism Tongue

The first thing i noticed was that there was barely any oil, and i never found any tinderboxes. That is bad since it made my character go "insane" and i could barely play.

The second thing was the closets in the rooms, you've resized them so much that their texture turned out bad.

Third thing was that i could never find the second crowbar in the darkness.

Hi.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2012, 12:29 PM by MaZiCUT.)
07-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Website Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

I was excited about this CS, but I was kinda dissapointed when i saw the screens. All the old furniture wasn't exactly what I had in mind, potraying the scene in my head.
Still, i'm very curious what you will make of it!

07-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

(07-07-2012, 12:40 PM)Leon Kennedy Wrote: I was excited about this CS, but I was kinda dissapointed when i saw the screens. All the old furniture wasn't exactly what I had in mind, potraying the scene in my head.
It is released alredy Big Grin

Hi.
07-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(07-07-2012, 12:40 PM)Leon Kennedy Wrote: I was excited about this CS, but I was kinda dissapointed when i saw the screens. All the old furniture wasn't exactly what I had in mind, potraying the scene in my head.
Well, as I'm getting started with modding, super duper amounts of custom models aren't my main focus right now. I do have a few custom textures in there if that'll cheer you up :3

Also, I'm pretty confident that level design is something quite unique. Not super innovative, but still unique.
GeneralGregsworth Wrote:Allright, i've played it and it's time for some constructive critism Tongue

The first thing i noticed was that there was barely any oil, and i never found any tinderboxes. That is bad since it made my character go "insane" and i could barely play.

The second thing was the closets in the rooms, you've resized them so much that their texture turned out bad.

Third thing was that i could never find the second crowbar in the darkness.
Well, about the oil, did you look for any? I've hidden quite alot of cans of oil all over the place. If you find them all, and don't get really stuck you should have a good amount of oil left over.

Yeah, I know that about the closets, but I couldn't really find a fix for that unfortunately.

Lastly, about the crowbar:
Spoiler below!
Did you mean the crowbar in the basement, or the TV room?

EDIT/UPDATE: Finally got the file to upload to Moddb. Currently awaiting authorization.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2012, 01:10 PM by Kreekakon.)
07-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

(07-07-2012, 12:50 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Well, about the oil, did you look for any? I've hidden quite alot of cans of oil all over the place. If you find them all, and don't get really stuck you should have a good amount of oil left over.

Yeah, I know that about the closets, but I couldn't really find a fix for that unfortunately.

Lastly, about the crowbar:
Spoiler below!
Did you mean the crowbar in the basement, or the TV room?

EDIT/UPDATE: Finally got the file to upload to Moddb. Currently awaiting authorization.
Spoiler below!
Was there a crowbar in the tv room? xD i didn't find any there, only in the basement.

And about the oil, yes i kept looking everywhere in each desktop etc.

Hi.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2012, 01:25 PM by MaZiCUT.)
07-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(07-07-2012, 01:19 PM)GeneralGregsworth Wrote: Was there a crowbar in the tv room? xD i didn't find any there, only in the basement.

And about the oil, yes i kept looking everywhere in each desktop etc.
Mind your spoiler tags please.
Spoiler below!
Yes, there's one crowbar in the TV room, and one in the basement.

Damn, I thought I had made it perfectly clear in the mementos D:
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2012, 01:30 PM by Kreekakon.)
07-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Find