Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A possibly impossible request
MisterJ Offline

Threads: 2
Bug  A possibly impossible request

In my custom story, quite early on I'd like to implement a seemingly never-ending hallway; that in itself isn't a problem - but what is a puzzle is that I'd like the door at the end of the hallway to lead to another room, and when a player returns through the hallway is another part of the map, a much shorter version (basically implying the never ending hallway was a figment of the imagination.)

My query is whether this could be achievable at all over a single map with scripts and such, or whether it would have to be a level-door setup?

Thanks in advance!
07-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Find
Cruzore Offline

Threads: 2
RE: A possibly impossible request

look at the full conversion Deterioation, it uses a similiar thing. The only possible way is to get the first door to be a level door. When you go through it, change it to a swing door(set the level door inactive and the swing door active) and you got your...thing

Think, before you speak Google, before you post
07-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Find
drunkmonk Offline

Threads: 7

I believe something like this could be possible using a TeleportPlayer(string & asStartPosName); you would probably have to make a duplicate of the hallway and edit it making it longer or shorter and scripting it so that when the player reaches the end of the hallway it teleports them to the the part of them level with the shorter hall, and all of this can be done in the same map.
I hope this helped

EDIT: also check out this website for other scripting help
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...ne_scripts
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2012, 09:39 PM by drunkmonk.)
07-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

There is either the level door, the teleport player function or you could make the script long and use entities to set the whole hall inactive and active the other room, but it will be too much work and you will have to convert static objects into entities.

I say, go with the teleport player function as it is much closer to achieve what you want.

Hi.
07-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Website Find
ApeCake Offline

Threads: 20

Just make a hall where you don't see the end and in the middle of the hall place a script area, write a TeleportPlayer for the script area, place a PlayerStartArea at the beginning of the hallway, put the name of the PlayerStartArea in the script... you're done!
07-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Find