Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: ¿Do you believe in 2012's end of the world?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I do
6.52%
3 6.52%
No, i don't
93.48%
43 93.48%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

2012 ¿End of the world?
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

Threads: 8
RE: 2012 ¿End of the world?

(07-07-2012, 11:22 PM)spukrian Wrote:
(07-07-2012, 08:39 PM)Harthex Wrote: But before that will happen, our moon will soon be gone. The moon over the years moves farther away from us, If the moon escapes out of our gravitational pull, the Earth won't be rotating safely. The Earth will be randomly moving around not giving us any seasons and one side of the earth will burn long enough to kill them on that side until it turns. The opposite side will freeze doing the same thing as the burning side except freeze us to death. Then the world will spin around repeating the whole process again.
Where did you read that? I mean, I've heard about the Moon slowly moving away from the Earth, but surely if it left us the results wouldn't as catastrophic as you describe?
Apparently the moon keeps us spinning on a tilt. The change will throw everything off balance.
I've done research before. I was just so fascinated by space, the sizes of space is just impossible to imagine. It's said that once the moon leaves the gravitational pull it will do as described above. The movements of the Earth is perfect right now.
Quote:
Quote:(Today 03:39 AM)Harthex Wrote: There's so many issues that probably could be resolved if we act now,
Issues can never be solved quickly. Change always takes time. After all, it's better to make informed decisions than to act on impulse.
By this I mean if we act now we'll have problems rid of before time runs out. I never included how fast we will resolve the issue. Just when to start.

I'd also wish to thank you for reading my post. Most people don't even bother because of how "big" it is.
07-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(07-07-2012, 08:39 PM)Harthex Wrote: I believe the world will finish with meteors or when that galaxy collides with ours throwing Earth around possibly killing everyone if we don't have the technology to protect us from death.
First of all the Earth won't end because of the "collision" between the Milky Way and Andromeda. its like you are trying to collide two clouds and see how many water drops will crash into each other... which are almost none. although in the far future. the Milky way seem to be crashing into Andromeda. not even single star will ever collide whit another on that event... galaxies are incredibly huge but there is and incredibly immense empty space in it as well. makeing any effects caused on this collision to be almost non existent... the worst thing that might happen is for the solar system to be thrown away off the galaxy... which again won't really affect the solar system itself other then were it will stand.

Quote: The moon over the years moves farther away from us, If the moon escapes
out of our gravitational pull, the Earth won't be rotating safely. The
Earth will be randomly moving around not giving us any seasons and one
side of the earth will burn long enough to kill them on that side until
it turns. The opposite side will freeze doing the same thing as the
burning side except freeze us to death. Then the world will spin around
repeating the whole process again.
That would be true... if earth didn't have an atmosphere...which it does. there would still be seasons... seasons are an effect of distance variances in earth's rotation around the sun, and not the moon going around earth. I really don't understand where the theory of earth starting to spin uncontrollably just because of the moon is going away... there will be negative effects because of the moon's absence... but that would be just in ecosystem that have the moons as its point of reference for its life cycles...
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2012, 11:44 PM by Danny Boy.)
07-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Website Find
sMasl33t Offline

Threads: 4

Answer: Nobody has a clue. Shut up and have soda nao c:

[Image: 76561198049001305.png]
07-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Find
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

(07-07-2012, 11:42 PM)Danarogon Wrote:
(07-07-2012, 08:39 PM)Harthex Wrote: I believe the world will finish with meteors or when that galaxy collides with ours throwing Earth around possibly killing everyone if we don't have the technology to protect us from death.
First of all the Earth won't end because of the "collision" between the Milky Way and Andromeda. its like you are trying to collide two clouds and see how many water drops will crash into each other... which are almost none. although in the far future. the Milky way seem to be crashing into Andromeda. not even single star will ever collide whit another on that event... galaxies are incredibly huge but there is and incredibly immense empty space in it as well. makeing any effects caused on this collision to be almost non existent... the worst thing that might happen is for the solar system to be thrown away off the galaxy... which again won't really affect the solar system itself other then were it will stand.
Quote: The moon over the years moves farther away from us, If the moon escapes
out of our gravitational pull, the Earth won't be rotating safely. The
Earth will be randomly moving around not giving us any seasons and one
side of the earth will burn long enough to kill them on that side until
it turns. The opposite side will freeze doing the same thing as the
burning side except freeze us to death. Then the world will spin around
repeating the whole process again.
That would be true... if earth didn't have an atmosphere...which it does. there would still be seasons... seasons are an effect of distance variances in earth's rotation around the sun, and not the moon going around earth. I really don't understand where the theory of earth starting to spin uncontrollably just because of the moon is going away... there will be negative effects because of the moon's absence... but that would be just in ecosystem that have the moons as its point of reference for its life cycles...
I understand the first response but won't things get mixed up and moved.? From what I've heard is things will get pushed around, not fast enough to kill us, but enough to move us away from smaller things. The rumors are the stars getting closer to us burning us or something else.

To reply to your second comment; this is all what I heard from research. But anyways a smart ass reply to try to make things better on that comment is... By the time this happens the sun will be a Red Giant obliterating us, I forgot to include that in there.

Thanks for reading my post!
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2012, 12:11 AM by Kazakarumariou.)
07-08-2012, 12:08 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

(07-07-2012, 11:32 PM)Harthex Wrote: Apparently the moon keeps us spinning on a tilt. The change will throw everything off balance.
I've done research before. I was just so fascinated by space, the sizes of space is just impossible to imagine. It's said that once the moon leaves the gravitational pull it will do as described above. The movements of the Earth is perfect right now.
The Earth will still have it's axis and I don't think it will spin totally randomly or slow down enough to cause temperature change. But the Moon leaving will surely have effects, like lack of tidal forces.

(07-07-2012, 11:32 PM)Harthex Wrote: By this I mean if we act now we'll have problems rid of before time runs out. I never included how fast we will resolve the issue. Just when to start.

I'd also wish to thank you for reading my post. Most people don't even bother because of how "big" it is.
To be honest, I'm more of an optimist than you are. I don't think we're on the path of destruction...

No need to thank me, I just felt I needed to make a serious post.

Stand for something
or
Fall for anything
07-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Find
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

(07-08-2012, 12:05 AM)sMasl33t Wrote: Answer: Nobody has a clue. Shut up and have soda nao c:
Maybe. But I still enjoy to hear what others have to say about this. Tongue
07-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

(07-07-2012, 11:42 PM)Danarogon Wrote: First of all the Earth won't end because of the "collision" between the Milky Way and Andromeda. its like you are trying to collide two clouds and see how many water drops will crash into each other... which are almost none. although in the far future. the Milky way seem to be crashing into Andromeda. not even single star will ever collide whit another on that event... galaxies are incredibly huge but there is and incredibly immense empty space in it as well. makeing any effects caused on this collision to be almost non existent... the worst thing that might happen is for the solar system to be thrown away off the galaxy... which again won't really affect the solar system itself other then were it will stand.
Are you sure? Stars have strong gravitational pull, I'd say the probability of things colliding when the two galaxies meet is high. A better analogy would be a cloud of magnetic iron dust colliding with another magnetic iron dust cloud.

Stand for something
or
Fall for anything
07-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(07-08-2012, 12:14 AM)spukrian Wrote:
(07-07-2012, 11:42 PM)Danarogon Wrote: First of all the Earth won't end because of the "collision" between the Milky Way and Andromeda. its like you are trying to collide two clouds and see how many water drops will crash into each other... which are almost none. although in the far future. the Milky way seem to be crashing into Andromeda. not even single star will ever collide whit another on that event... galaxies are incredibly huge but there is and incredibly immense empty space in it as well. makeing any effects caused on this collision to be almost non existent... the worst thing that might happen is for the solar system to be thrown away off the galaxy... which again won't really affect the solar system itself other then were it will stand.
Are you sure? Stars have strong gravitational pull, I'd say the probability of things colliding when the two galaxies meet is high. A better analogy would be a cloud of magnetic iron dust colliding with another magnetic iron dust cloud.
go download Celestia and universe sandbox... then you will see how small gravity is in comparison whit the wilderness of space.
07-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Website Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

it can end in 3 or 4 years i dont care but i must live till december so i can go watch The Hobbit

one thing for certain is that it WILL end once. Nothing lasts forever, we cant last forever. Now the question is, how long can we survive and what cruel death awaits us :O

I just hope i wont witness that day Smile

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2012, 12:39 AM by Nice.)
07-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

There are a lot of things that have been delayed now. Gama bursts from neutron stars, sun storms, quakes, asteroids, galactic alignment and consequent polar inversion...
It's all the same whether it ends or not, so... Why care?

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
07-08-2012, 03:01 AM
Find