Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash at initial "Loading..." screen on Fedora 16 x64
pchild Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Crash at initial "Loading..." screen on Fedora 16 x64

Hello, I've been trying to get Amnesia TDD working and have been having problems getting the game running. I've read through several of the threads on the support forum and searched around online and have been unable to resolve my issues. I am running 64 bit Fedora 16 using the Mesa driver for Intel Integrated Graphics, and glxinfo reports the following:
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ironlake Mobile
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.0.3

I've used driconf to enable S3TC Texture Compression, and have even been trying to launch the game by using
force_s3tc_enable=true ./usr/local/games/Amnesia/Launcher.bin64
No matter what I do though the game hangs and then crashes at the "Loading..." screen. I can see the "Create Profile" screen for a split second prior to the crash. It may be a related issue or a non-issue, but for the gamma setting screen there is no difference in the squares no matter where I position the slider.

I've attached my hpl.log. Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide. Thank you for any help!

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 2.83 KB / Downloads: 127)
07-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Find
ohadbasan Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Crash at initial "Loading..." screen on Fedora 16 x64

I experience the same problem exactly on fedora 17 x64
any solution?
08-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Crash at initial "Loading..." screen on Fedora 16 x64

Integrated graphics are not officially supported by the game. Likely it is a driver issue that is the cause and trying different versions or dev versions might make it work.
08-08-2012, 06:09 AM
Website Find
ohadbasan Offline

Threads: 0

Different versions of what? of the intel driver?
Could you redirect me plz for a driver that works for sure?

10x
08-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Find