Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Worst Internet Experience?
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: Worst Internet Experience?

(07-11-2012, 01:29 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 07:02 AM)Danarogon Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 02:54 AM)Lucke Wrote: I've spent hours on the internet from the age of 11... WHAT THE HELL HAVE I BEEN DOING?

Where can I find these scary things Big Grin?
wanna see something scary? search for "my little pony rule 34"
Oh now come on man! Mercy for the sake of humanity!
he asked for it....
07-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

My worst experience is probably having to see almost every inch of the internet flooded with some type of meme. There are many but the first one to come to mind would have to be My Little Pony: FiM... They come out of nowhere like an epidemic and manage to reach almost every site in some way, in many videos, in many games, even HERE in the FG forum, there are mods involving ponies. I mean, even Obliviator's avatar is MLP. These things bother me, not because I don't like them, but because I feel fans of it feels it's almost their duty to incorporate the show in pretty much anything that exists. Silent Hill, Amnesia, Ramen noodles, pencils, music, candy, car fresheners, memes faces (let's say, making Fluttershy look like Trollface), anything... I probably wouldn't be so butthurt of it if they just kept the show to their own jokes and not trying to incorporate them into anything they can get their hands on... This doesn't only go for MLP, but it was the biggest one I can think of at the moment. I mean, hell... I can't go on the DeviantArt homepage without seeing some kind of MLP related work. >>

(07-11-2012, 01:59 PM)Juby Wrote: Watching crap like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbsY9PRTZeg&feature=player_embedded#! and then knowing people actually believe it.

Rage contained in spoiler xD
Spoiler below!
and he's FUCKING WRONG, the dumbass doesn't realize the majority of gamers play after work. He doesn't see this because he can't be bothered to pick his head up, but apparently is still can pose a credible arguement... makes me sick. This is what Congress does, this is what our "leaders" do; make decisions on issues they have no knowledge on. Would we be happy if we went to war and no reason was given?

I could go to rant city, but it's pointless. It feels like I'm being yelled at and punished for walking because I have legs.

I was also listening to this. I find it funny because I have social skills (I couldn't classify myself in a "clique" in school because I talked to all types, jocks, preps, geeks, outcasts, musicians, etc.), I have a girlfriend, I hang with friends almost every other day, and I still love video games and designing them. Sure, there are so many people who can sit in front of the tv the whole day and not do anything with their lives, I know a person exactly like that actually. But like you said, most gamers are ones who will come home from work and have a run in CoD or something. I may cosplay as, say, Pyramid Head, but that doesn't mean it's depressing or an activity to describe a loser. It's my artistic output and I love doing it. If I WASN'T doing all these things I do, THEN I would be depressed. This guy has to get off his geezer ass and do something with HIS life. Radio show? Psh.. I don't even know what this is.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2012, 05:15 PM by Statyk.)
07-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(07-11-2012, 04:55 PM)Kman Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 01:59 PM)Juby Wrote: Watching crap like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbsY9PRTZ...embedded#! and then knowing people actually believe it.

Rage contained in spoiler xD
Spoiler below!
and he's FUCKING WRONG, the dumbass doesn't realize the majority of gamers play after work. He doesn't see this because he can't be bothered to pick his head up, but apparently is still can pose a credible arguement... makes me sick. This is what Congress does, this is what our "leaders" do; make decisions on issues they have no knowledge on. Would we be happy if we went to war and no reason was given?

I could go to rant city, but it's pointless. It feels like I'm being yelled at and punished for walking because I have legs.
Meh, I've already accepted the fact that at least 80% of people are ignorant idiots (I mean, come on, just look at politics at the moment if you really need proof) so stuff like this doesn't really get to me.
So I suppose you are an exception to this, right? Thinking this way is a pretty immature irony with the given that you're being just as ignorant as those you believe are beneath you. I hope I'm not being offensive, because I thought this way not too long ago. You have to remember that every human being has their own hopes and dreams, thoughts and experiences. Their lives are complex just like yours. People who believe most to be idiots usually feel that others are peons or grunts, and even though you may be aware of your own faults as a person you still need to accept that you're no better. It's not like you're granted some high position to judge others. For instance; You've probably experienced a bully before, and you thought that they were the oppressor and you were the oppressed, right? Well this isn't so -- they are a person who treats others differently at different times. You've no doubt bullied others. I once threatened to step on the glasses of one kid in my class in elementary school, this was when he was lying in the dirt, looking up at me and my two friends with me. Do you want to know what it looked like from his point of view? Three goons taking advantage of his misfortune.
You're just as capable of stupidity as others. Simply because you're more mature than others you've dealt with just means you developed differently. I hope you already understand this.

(07-11-2012, 05:11 PM)Danarogon Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 01:29 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 07:02 AM)Danarogon Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 02:54 AM)Lucke Wrote: I've spent hours on the internet from the age of 11... WHAT THE HELL HAVE I BEEN DOING?

Where can I find these scary things Big Grin?
wanna see something scary? search for "my little pony rule 34"
Oh now come on man! Mercy for the sake of humanity!
he asked for it....
He asked for something scary, not to be fucked in the ear and traumatized. But he should look up, Strawberry ShortCake Rule 34. Tongue
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2012, 05:17 PM by failedALIAS.)
07-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(07-11-2012, 05:13 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: So I suppose you are an exception to this, right? Thinking this way is a pretty immature irony with the given that you're being just as ignorant as those you believe are beneath you. I hope I'm not being offensive, because I thought this way not too long ago. You have to remember that every human being has their own hopes and dreams, thoughts and experiences. Their lives are complex just like yours. People who believe most to be idiots usually feel that others are peons or grunts, and even though you may be aware of your own faults as a person you still need to accept that you're no better. It's not like you're granted some high position to judge others. For instance; You've probably experienced a bully before, and you thought that they were the oppressor and you were the oppressed, right? Well this isn't so -- they are a person who treats others differently at different times. You've no doubt bullied others. I once threatened to step on the glasses of one kid in my class in elementary school, this was when he was lying in the dirt, looking up at me and my two friends with me. Do you want to know what it looked like from his point of view? Three goons taking advantage of his misfortune.
You're just as capable of stupidity as others. Simply because you're more mature than others you've dealt with just means you developed differently. I hope you already understand this.

I think you took what he said the wrong way. I think what Kman was trying to say was that he's seen and listened to so many ignorant and arrogant people, listening to this guy isn'tgoing to make him butthurt, much like myself. We're not saying we're above anyone, but simply that we won't let his words bother us because we're so used to improper judgement.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2012, 05:19 PM by Statyk.)
07-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(07-11-2012, 05:18 PM)Statyk Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 05:13 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: So I suppose you are an exception to this, right? Thinking this way is a pretty immature irony with the given that you're being just as ignorant as those you believe are beneath you. I hope I'm not being offensive, because I thought this way not too long ago. You have to remember that every human being has their own hopes and dreams, thoughts and experiences. Their lives are complex just like yours. People who believe most to be idiots usually feel that others are peons or grunts, and even though you may be aware of your own faults as a person you still need to accept that you're no better. It's not like you're granted some high position to judge others. For instance; You've probably experienced a bully before, and you thought that they were the oppressor and you were the oppressed, right? Well this isn't so -- they are a person who treats others differently at different times. You've no doubt bullied others. I once threatened to step on the glasses of one kid in my class in elementary school, this was when he was lying in the dirt, looking up at me and my two friends with me. Do you want to know what it looked like from his point of view? Three goons taking advantage of his misfortune.

I think you took what he said the wrong way. I think what Kman was trying to say was that he's seen and listened to so many ignorant and arrogant people, listening to this guy isn'tgoing to make him butthurt, much like myself. We're not saying we're above anyone, but simply that we won't let his words bother us because we're so used to improper judgement.
You're probably right. That is why I included that last sentence. I just like typing. It keeps the voices out.
07-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(07-11-2012, 05:13 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: He asked for something scary, not to be fucked in the ear and traumatized. But he should look up, Strawberry ShortCake Rule 34. Tongue
Let him have fun... but i'll never open another rule 34, thank you very much, being a ignorant to search for MLP's rule thingy was enough... btw this has a morale kids! don't Google something because it is on some you tube video's top comments!
07-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(07-11-2012, 05:18 PM)Statyk Wrote:

Basically what I was thinking, yeah.

Posting Freak
07-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Website Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

OK I checked the Rule 34... I don't see how that is scary to be quite honest, but maybe if I was 8 then yes it would be disturbing Tongue

[Image: luv.gif]
07-12-2012, 03:13 AM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(07-12-2012, 03:13 AM)Lucke Wrote: OK I checked the Rule 34... I don't see how that is scary to be quite honest, but maybe if I was 8 then yes it would be disturbing Tongue
yeah i agree, besides those ponies are actualy preety h... wait what ?

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
07-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(07-12-2012, 08:14 PM)CowardlyDog Wrote:
(07-12-2012, 03:13 AM)Lucke Wrote: OK I checked the Rule 34... I don't see how that is scary to be quite honest, but maybe if I was 8 then yes it would be disturbing Tongue
yeah i agree, besides those ponies are actualy preety h... wait what ?
yea this shit is sexy.

[Image: 73084_Weird-Horse_400.jpg]

every part of my body gets an erection just by looking at this.
07-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Website Find