Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

F*cked up texture and light, Blur not working?...
Timmy80 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago F*cked up texture and light, Blur not working?...

Hi.
I loved Overture, So today i bought Black Plague. (I like it so far! But i miss the weapons.)

I am having trouble with my game. You may have also seen the fucked up textures EVERYONE IS GETTING IN BLACK PLAGUE. (I have no trouble with overture.)

1. Blur does not work. It just crashes when i try to use it.

2. THIS. I waited an hour to see if it was overheating. I tried going into Rig of Rods to see if it was working ok. It was.
[Image: whattheoz0.jpg]
Look at the roof. None of my lights work. Flashlight,Glowstick (EMITS BUT DOES NOT EMIT WELL!), AND THE FLARE. The normal lights were working outside the room.
Radeon 9800 (Can run Far cry,HL2 EP1,EP2,Oblivion just fine on max)
2 Gbs
Duo
02-16-2008, 04:00 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: F*cked up texture and light, Blur not working?...

Do you have any special graphic things in the background? Most graphic-card companies make them, for ATI it's catalisk. I recommend turning them off, since OpenAL isn't supported too well.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
02-16-2008, 04:04 AM
Find
Timmy80 Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: F*cked up texture and light, Blur not working?...

WindexGlow Wrote:Do you have any special graphic things in the background? Most graphic-card companies make them, for ATI it's catalisk. I recommend turning them off, since OpenAL isn't supported too well.

You meant the Control Catalisk? I'll try turning it off and see.
02-16-2008, 04:08 AM
Find
Timmy80 Offline

Nope. Didn't work.

What about blur?
Are they gonna make a patch soon or later anyway?

And should i try updating my drivers (if there is a new one out)
02-16-2008, 04:10 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Blur is relitively simple. You just need 2.0shader on the graphics card. Have you tried restarting? Closing all background applications?

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
02-16-2008, 04:11 AM
Find
Timmy80 Offline

WindexGlow Wrote:Blur is relitively simple. You just need 2.0shader on the graphics card. Have you tried restarting? Closing all background applications?

I have 2.0. If i didn't have 2.0, I WOULDN'T HAVE BLOOM ON.

Yes. I have tried restarting.
02-16-2008, 04:13 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Seem a lot like this problem:

http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=1783

Try uninstalling, and then reinstalling drivers. Or if that fails try the Omega drivers.
02-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Find
Timmy80 Offline

Thomas Wrote:Seem a lot like this problem:

http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=1783

Try uninstalling, and then reinstalling drivers. Or if that fails try the Omega drivers.
I have tried installing my new drivers for my card.
But not omega, I'll try that and see.

But may i ask this?

What is Omega drivers? I know it's a third party program for ATI and Nivda cards. But does it impove ALOT?
02-17-2008, 12:34 AM
Find
Timmy80 Offline

Didn't work.

It can't be the drivers.

It looks like the lights ARE fucking up during loading a save, which sounds like a bug.
02-17-2008, 02:10 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Have you tried downgrading and you sure the latest drivers are used?

Also, you might want to try Medium or Low shader quality. Do NOT try verty low, since that mode sucks Smile
02-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Find