Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story Script Problems
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Custom Story Script Problems

(07-15-2012, 10:02 PM)zergling50 Wrote: Seeing nothing that seemed to have anything to do with my custom story I tried it out and it still wouldnt work sadly... Im sorry for all the trouble.

You modified the code i gave you. You turned the variable names into strings, when the variables were the ones that held the string values. You need to learn the basics to scripting before you'll understand what the code represents.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
07-16-2012, 12:45 AM
Website Find
zergling50 Offline

Threads: 9

(07-16-2012, 12:45 AM)Your Computer Wrote:
(07-15-2012, 10:02 PM)zergling50 Wrote: Seeing nothing that seemed to have anything to do with my custom story I tried it out and it still wouldnt work sadly... Im sorry for all the trouble.

You modified the code i gave you. You turned the variable names into strings, when the variables were the ones that held the string values. You need to learn the basics to scripting before you'll understand what the code represents.
So how should it be written? Im sorry, im trying to learn and ive never been good at learning through reading. Im a very visual person. I had to teach myself everything I knew in Java because my teacher was making us read books only and I cant learn that way. If you can show me how it should be written I can figure it out and pull it apart to see why it works.
07-16-2012, 02:11 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(07-16-2012, 02:11 AM)zergling50 Wrote: So how should it be written? Im sorry, im trying to learn and ive never been good at learning through reading. Im a very visual person. I had to teach myself everything I knew in Java because my teacher was making us read books only and I cant learn that way. If you can show me how it should be written I can figure it out and pull it apart to see why it works.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid153224

Someone who comes from Java shouldn't have trouble picking up HPL2 scripting. If you want code examples to dissect, open up the HPS files from the original game.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
07-16-2012, 02:31 AM
Website Find
zergling50 Offline

Just to make sure, as this is all that I want, and then I will work on figuring out the rest on my own. Is it a problem with my coding that you can see or is it a problem with my computer/some freak problem. If its not a problem with my computer and just one with my coding than I have no trouble figuring it out, but I just want to make sure it is the code that is the problem.
07-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Find
zergling50 Offline

So I finally figured out the problem! Turns out the first tutorial I watched told me to change the name of the key under the general tab, and for some reason that messed everything up. When I used a key's default name and changed the name of the key in the code to that key all the other code started working! So thank you all for your help and persistance and I hope this helps anyone else who ever has a similar problem! THANKS AGAIN!
07-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Find