Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help, game is laggy
slashersaw Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Help, game is laggy

Hello, new to this forum. First i would like to apologize because i'm very new to computer games. I'm more use to consoles but i had to play Amnesia since i'm huge survival horror games. So before getting the game on steam, i did that test on this website called ''canyourunthis'' or something like that. Passed the test, everything is fine. Now, i'm playing the game with my laptop plugged with an HDMI wire on my tv. Graphics looks great BUT, everytime i move, turn the camera (character), it's seems a ''little'' laggy. Again, i'm not a pro at this AT ALL and would like help at how i could fix this step by step. Would really appreciate the help since i'm totally imersed in the game and want to finish it. I read somewhere on here that i should lower my graphic card or something but i don't even know where to do that.
07-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Help, game is laggy

from where did you get the game? Attach HPL.log as said in the sticky guides
07-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Help, game is laggy

What do you mean by 'laggy'? Do you mean the game seems to slow down, or the controls just take a little while to respond in the game? If it's the former, try turning down the game settings (when you first open the game and it goes to the launcher, go to the Graphics tab and turn settings down to Low or Medium, or click them off). If it's the latter, it might be because you are connecting it to your TV, but I don't think that should be a problem.

Anyway, like the above post said, post your hpl.log. We also need to know what graphics card and such you have on your computer/laptop/whatever.

Also, CanYouRunIt is very misleading for games. It usually says you can play a game fine, where as you usually can't run the game at all, and if you have an Intel HD graphics card, this would be the case (CanYouRunIt would say you can run the game, but in reality, Intel HD cards can't run the game all that well)

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2012, 10:17 PM by RawkBandMan.)
07-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Find