Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story help?? :(
janiejanes Offline

Threads: 1
Custom Story help?? :(

First off, sorry if there is a thread that answers this, I looked through most of them and couldn't find anything!

Hello!
I got Amnesia as a present a few weeks ago through the Gamestop App. I finished it, and it was awesome, of course! I would REALLY love to play the custom stories, but I really have no clue how. I know that you have to download them from a different site and put them into the game, but I don't really know how to do it and I don't want to mess anything up with the game itself. From watching a few "How To" videos on Youtube, I basically get it, but I just can't get it to work.. I'm sorry to bother, but..help? Also, I have a Windows Vista 32-bit computer.
07-16-2012, 03:48 AM
Find
drunkmonk Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Custom Story help?? :(

All you have to do to be able to play custom stories is if your version has a redist folder than you have to download the custom story to :\Program Files\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\custom_stories
the custom_stories is where you put the custom stories you download or the custom stories you have created! Tongue

However if your version is the steam version than you download it to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories
I hope this helped

(if you have a program files(x86) folder than follow the above instructions using the folder instead)
07-16-2012, 04:08 AM
Find
heather71234 Offline

Threads: 0

(07-16-2012, 04:08 AM)drunkmonk Wrote: All you have to do to be able to play custom stories is if your version has a redist folder than you have to download the custom story to :\Program Files\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\custom_stories
the custom_stories is where you put the custom stories you download or the custom stories you have created! Tongue

However if your version is the steam version than you download it to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories
I hope this helped

(if you have a program files(x86) folder than follow the above instructions using the folder instead)
Okay but what if you put it into the custom stories folder within all the others, but it still doesn't work????
12-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Where did you get your game from?
12-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(12-09-2012, 07:12 PM)Statyk Wrote: Where did you get your game from?
That doesn't determine if custom stories work.
Also, this thread is quite old, 6 months, more or less.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2012, 07:26 PM by The chaser.)
12-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

It's still relatively on topic. And it does because directories are different. And I'm not familiar with Gamestop Apps, but some game hosting websites could have old versions of the game. (Just guessing)
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2012, 08:19 PM by Statyk.)
12-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

It's likely heather tried to install a full conversion in the custom_stories folder.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-10-2012, 03:31 AM
Website Find