Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help Crash editing/opening a custom model. Please help!
duhow Offline

Threads: 1
Crash editing/opening a custom model. Please help!

Hi, I'm trying to make a model of Kayako Saeki (a girl that appears in Ju On, a Wii game) and took two days to import it to the Custom Story.

First, if I export the BRRES file (original Wii file model of Kayako) as OBJ, then convert it to DAE with Blender, the problem is that the model hasn't got the skeleton and I can't animate it and make it move, but I can see the textures and so.

(Screenshot)

But if I export the BRRES file as MD5Mesh and open it with Blender with help of a script (link), I can see the skeleton of the model and also I can import the animation MD5Anim, but I can't see the textures/material of the model. And, if I export that project as a DAE file and try to open it with ModelView, it crashes.

(Screenshot)

Please, I need someone to help me, I want to end that model before this week ends if possible...

Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2012, 06:15 PM by duhow.)
07-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Crash on opening a model

It's supposed to crash when exported with Blender.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
07-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Crash on opening a model

Well first off I do have to mention we do not support ripping models here, if you intend to release this for the forums it's a no no.

Secondly, do you actually know how to use the 3D modeling software? Because applying a texture to a model is among the first things one should learn, simply checking up tutorials and learning the basics of the program should resolve this issue.

Obj files do not support rigs which is why you are not seeing any animations.

As for the crashing I can only guess that it would be because the model is not exported properly because it's Blender and the animations are not set up in a way as to function within HPL2.

@ Your Computer.
And now I have a secret love interest in you.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2012, 06:16 PM by Traggey.)
07-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Find
duhow Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Crash editing/opening a custom model. Please help!

I don't know much about Blender, that's why I can't make it...
07-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Find