Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Removed enemies?
Alcoholocaust Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Removed enemies?

There is a folder called "character infected" in the game directory, I had a saved game before at a point near an alien coming near me..

Then I removed all the stuff in that folder and the aliens voice didn't come up and nor did the alien itself.. Does this affection make all those alien enemies dissapear now?

I was just wondering if it's possible to finish the game with that folder removed or does it not go well with some certain parts of the game?

The reason why I want to do this is because I'm going to write a walkthrough to the game and it would be a lot easier with no enemies, then I can explore all rooms and corridors much, much easier?
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2008, 09:12 PM by Jimbo.)
02-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Find
Tournunivers Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Removed enemies?

Wow, that would be great ! I'm gonna try that right away. I got a god mode trainer because I don't feel like constantly hiding from them, nor spending 10 minutes throwing boxes at them, but they're still pretty annoying (not to mention very scary :p)

EDIT: In the computer room, there's something wrong when trying to operate the PC to configure the cards. I think you need to keep Dr. Eminiss (ie. to trick him into the server room in the back, which triggers the voice in your head) to get the PC to work. His specific file is called "character_infected_eminiss.ent" (in the "character_infected" folder), but I'm guessing you need more than this one to keep him in the game. Putting the folder back in just before talking to him hasn't worked for me. I'll try stuff out and keep you posted.

@ Im_sexy: I'm fine with just the tension brought by the atmosphere, and I get by with that and the puzzles/exploration. I know it's not intended to be played like that, but I think anyone can pretty much do what they want to enjoy the game their way.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2009, 11:03 PM by RockWorm.)
01-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Find
Im_Sexy Offline

Threads: 21
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Removed enemies?

wow that takes away the scary factor of the game. Playing with no enemies? Boring and stupid really. The infected are there to scare, pump the tension hurt you etc... but well, play the way you want but if you remove them, the game will be boring has hell.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2009, 02:15 AM by noctislp.)
01-06-2009, 02:14 AM
Find