Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mapper looking for a team
Jozef Offline

Threads: 2
Mapper looking for a team

I have been making some scenes for in the level editor, but never really considered doing a complete custom story alone, since it takes up too much time. But I really like making scenery, and I have some ideas for a good story.
Is anyone interested in working together and helping me? I will be making the maps, mainly, so there is enough work available Rolleyes

I want it to be a bit more serious, not too many scares, the excitement should be more in the good story.

So is this community still alive?

Here is a video I just made, showing my process on my Dungeon Level

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2012, 12:24 PM by Jozef.)
07-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: Mapper looking for a team

What's your previous experience?

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
07-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

(07-19-2012, 06:54 PM)neocrawler Wrote: Sorry :/ I really want to help but I'm on my own busy with what you are planning Wink. It takes long time. If I wasn't working on this I've would have helped you ^^.
This is pointless, next time don't post anything. Nobody cares about what you would do. I'm just being realistic.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
07-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Find
neocrawler Offline

Threads: 19

:3 okay sir. I will keep that in mind for the next time I see a post like this ^^
07-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Website Find
tattywatty Offline

Threads: 0

Hey mate i'm your guy! I can do the story line. I am a writer and can make a story to suit whatever you wanna do? reply to this comment or inbox me on forum if your interested and ill add you on facebook or whatever seriously i have been looking for somthing like this for ages. Please give me a chance mate. All i want is my name in credits
07-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Find
Jozef Offline

Threads: 2

(07-19-2012, 06:50 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: What's your previous experience?
None, really. Exept that I have been playing with the level editor for some months now, and I think I do some average work.
Interested in some pictures, videos, whatever?
What's yours?

Quote: Hey mate i'm your guy! I can do the story line. I am a writer and can make a story to suit whatever you wanna do? reply to this comment or inbox me on forum if your interested and ill add you on facebook or whatever seriously i have been looking for somthing like this for ages. Please give me a chance mate. All i want is my name in credits
As I said I have some story myself, I could write it down for you if you want it.? You sure does sound eager! Wink
EDIT: saw your PM..

A scripter sure wouldn't hurt!
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2012, 08:01 PM by Jozef.)
07-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Being able to map is a pretty average skill on these forums, to be honest with you unless you're a VERY good mapper you're not gonna get many people that want to join (or at least very many experienced people that want to join).

Posting Freak
07-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Apparently he's the one wanting to join someplace. Being a decent mapper is a skill that you can't find anywhere, which is not the case apparently. A mapper though is not a person who puts a bunch of models together as most people seem to define it has, but a person who creates the game scenery as whole.

07-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(07-19-2012, 09:51 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: Apparently he's the one wanting to join someplace. Being a decent mapper is a skill that you can't find anywhere, which is not the case apparently. A mapper though is not a person who puts a bunch of models together as most people seem to define it has, but a person who creates the game scenery as whole.
Let me get this straight then. Considering that your definition of a mapper is someone that not only assembles the maps, but also makes all the art assets used in them, there's really only 2 or 3 mappers on this forum considering that (to my knowledge) there's only about that many people on this forum that make all their assets from scratch? Ok.

Posting Freak
07-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Website Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27

(07-19-2012, 04:19 PM)Jozef Wrote: I have been making some scenes for in the level editor, but never really considered doing a complete custom story alone, since it takes up too much time. But I really like making scenery, and I have some ideas for a good story.

Is anyone interested in working together and helping me? I will be making the maps, mainly, so there is enough work available Rolleyes

I want it to be a bit more serious, not too many scares, the excitement should be more in the good story.

So is this community still alive?

Hi there, i´m a lonely working map author, and i actually am looking for a team to help and get help from so please send me a message if you´re interested.
ps: My map designs are pretty descent and i´m getting better at scripting, contact me for images and more info, looking forward for a future cooperation...

- Inactive account -
07-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Find