Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

That Shadow
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
That Shadow

"The Shadow isn't some vengeful spirit, it is the universe catching up with itself."

Eh, personally, I suddenly think that the universe is inextricably evil if it could start leaking bloated red globs everywhere. What is this quote trying to say, anyways? Is the Orb somehow "above" the universe, and the universe is like a space around it, and moving the Orb makes this "space" try to catch up with it? If so, why do things like red goo start appearing when the Universe "moves"?

But I've always wondered about how death by Shadow actually works. Daniel refers to it as being "consumed by the Shadow" a few times throughout the game, I believe, which makes sense since it is mentioned in Weyer's story from the 'Remember' collection that the shadow manifests on top of people's bodies and eats them up. But Alexander's death appears to contrast this theory because he simply...disintegrates when the Shadow kills him. So does the Shadow tear him apart, molecule by molecule or something? I also wonder if death by shadow hurts as much as any of the torture devices in the castle, so that it's "penance enough" for Alexander.

[Image: p229xcq]
07-20-2012, 01:33 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: That Shadow

The universe doesn't like having the orb from an alternate universe inside it, so it wants to kill anyone who has them and guard it? Idk

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
07-20-2012, 03:36 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Ninjas...freaking ninjas.

Red blobs you say? That's where the ninjas are hiding!

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
07-22-2012, 04:57 AM
Find
Nickorama Offline

Threads: 1

Again, the shadow consumes your mind, your body dies yes but your mind is within the shadow, anyone' else's mind is also there, the game really explains it.
Pretty much you can have infinite conversations with victims of the shadow.
07-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

(07-20-2012, 01:33 AM)Chronofox Wrote: "The Shadow isn't some vengeful spirit, it is the universe catching up with itself."

Eh, personally, I suddenly think that the universe is inextricably evil if it could start leaking bloated red globs everywhere. What is this quote trying to say, anyways? Is the Orb somehow "above" the universe, and the universe is like a space around it, and moving the Orb makes this "space" try to catch up with it? If so, why do things like red goo start appearing when the Universe "moves"?
The universe is not inherently evil, it just exists. I don' actually think that the universe or the Shadow are sentient. I such a case, they are unable to make any moral judgments. They just do what they're meant to.

I see the Shadow as some sort of immune system of the universe, the red goo is just the antibodies so to speak. Or maybe the red goo is like the blood clotting from an open wound. The Orbs would be anchors, keeping planet Earth from spinning away from it's orbit.

(07-22-2012, 10:49 AM)Nickorama Wrote: Again, the shadow consumes your mind, your body dies yes but your mind is within the shadow, anyone' else's mind is also there, the game really explains it.
Pretty much you can have infinite conversations with victims of the shadow.
Where in the game did you find this information?

Stand for something
or
Fall for anything
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2012, 01:32 PM by spukrian.)
07-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(07-22-2012, 10:49 AM)Nickorama Wrote: Pretty much you can have infinite conversations with victims of the shadow.
I bet that would get very boring... but it depends on the topic of the conversations. :\

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
07-24-2012, 01:18 AM
Find