Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
BlockUp: Custom Map! Try it
bradenm650 Offline

Threads: 1
Shocked  BlockUp: Custom Map! Try it

So i made this map a bit ago. But yeah this map runs very smoothly. Small map just made it because i like to block up doors and hide and stuff. The zombie has to break 5 or 4 doors before its at your door Smile There are lots of stuff i guess for a small map. You can use to block up the door Very good wee map. Oh yeah my first Published map Smile
My quick wee video.

Exclamation WARNING: Sometimes when zombie thing is hitting the stuff you used to block up the door with. Sometimes if there's lots of shiz it may....well when zombie hits it. It may lag and things go flying everywhere then everything or somethings glitch throw the map and disappear. Just watch the video if you dont get me. Thanks guys

If zombie is not trying to get in. Make sure it can see you then it will try come in. Smile

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?182j2pxk0r4r4h9

Thanks for Downloading!
07-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: BlockUp: Custom Map! Try it

I watched the video, and I seriously, seriously think it might have been a better idea to keep this idea locked in your brain's storage, and then implant it somehow into a more serious, and refined custom story.

These type of "test maps" are NEVER meant to be published. They're meant for you to experiment with by yourself, and isn't something we need to see.
07-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Find
bradenm650 Offline

(07-20-2012, 10:37 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: I watched the video, and I seriously, seriously think it might have been a better idea to keep this idea locked in your brain's storage, and then implant it somehow into a more serious, and refined custom story.

These type of "test maps" are NEVER meant to be published. They're meant for you to experiment with by yourself, and isn't something we need to see.
Wow just wow Thanks for saying its good and shiz...Dude its my first map. Some people may just want to have funny throwing stuff at zombies and blocking up stuff. Or if the games to laggy idk how this game can lag for people but for some people this map is not laggy so yeah....
07-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(07-20-2012, 10:47 AM)bradenm650 Wrote: Wow just wow Thanks for saying its good and shiz...
Be thankful I got to you first, and not someone who would just laugh at you without saying anything constructive.

Quote:Dude its my first map.
I can understand that. Hence what I said earlier:

"These type of "test maps" are NEVER meant to be published. They're meant for you to experiment with by yourself, and isn't something we need to see."

Just keep them to yourself. Show something to us when you think you've had enough practice, and made something with enough quality to warrant showing.

Quote:Some people may just want to have funny throwing stuff at zombies and blocking up stuff.
True, but quality is still an important factor here, regardless of the mood. Take the Castle Horror series for example. They're a series of custom stories with a reputation of messing around, and jump scares, but I can still respect that, because the creator has at least refined the experience with enough quality to do his "theme of map" justice.

Quote:Or if the games to laggy idk how this game can lag for people but for some people this map is not laggy so yeah....
It lags because there were a extremely high amount of items in the room colliding with each other all at once, which can put a heavy strain on most computers, even high-end ones. Try to keep that in mind when making maps.
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2012, 10:58 AM by Kreekakon.)
07-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Find
bradenm650 Offline

(07-20-2012, 10:57 AM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(07-20-2012, 10:47 AM)bradenm650 Wrote: Wow just wow Thanks for saying its good and shiz...
Be thankful I got to you first, and not someone who would just laugh at you without saying anything constructive.

"These type of "test maps" are NEVER meant to be published. They're meant for you to experiment with by yourself, and isn't something we need to see."

Just keep them to yourself. Show something to us when you think you've had enough practice, and made something with enough quality to warrant showing.

Quote:Some people may just want to have funny throwing stuff at zombies and blocking up stuff.
True, but quality is still an important factor here, regardless of the mood. Take the Castle Horror series for example. They're a series of custom stories with a reputation of messing around, and jump scares, but I can still respect that, because the creator has at least refined the experience with enough quality to do his "theme of map" justice.

Quote:Or if the games to laggy idk how this game can lag for people but for some people this map is not laggy so yeah....
It lags because there were a extremely high amount of items in the room colliding with each other all at once, which can put a heavy strain on most computers, even high-end ones. Try to keep that in mind when making maps.
I see. About the lag part i mean its not a laggy map. Lol but other maps may lag for people so they can play this one. With like no lag the map is very smooth Smile

(07-20-2012, 10:57 AM)Kreekakon Wrote:

Ill keep this in mind too.
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2012, 11:10 AM by bradenm650.)
07-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Lag... Isn't really the main thing to be focused on. Obviously, yes, it should be something to keep in mind, but I'd rather see a beautifully detailed map that runs at like 20-25 FPS than an empty boring one that runs at 40-60.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2012, 11:11 AM by Kman.)
07-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Website Find
bradenm650 Offline

(07-20-2012, 11:11 AM)Kman Wrote: Lag... Isn't really the main thing to be focused on. Obviously, yes, it should be something to keep in mind, but I'd rather see a beautifully detailed map that runs at like 20-25 FPS than an empty boring one that runs at 40-60.
Well yes i would like to see that too. But really guys its just a wee small map you can play around in Or block up the door.
07-21-2012, 02:05 AM
Find
SilentHideButFine Offline

Threads: 38

Will make a Lets Play on it! Smile Link will be at my Youtube
sorry get Error when starting it

[url= http://www.moddb.com/mods/jessehmusic [/url] ,HOSPITAL OF HORROR MOD
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2012, 02:14 AM by SilentHideButFine.)
07-21-2012, 02:09 AM
Find
bradenm650 Offline

(07-21-2012, 02:09 AM)SilentHideButFine Wrote: Will make a Lets Play on it! Smile Link will be at my Youtube
Hey thanks man ill watch it. Smile I can make more maps like this.
07-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

Still some people attacking Newcomers' first maps giving really aggressive criticism?
Cool.
Seriously guys cool down, it's his first map... Give him constructive criticism and maybe some wishes for the future... Is it so hard?

listen to boards of canada
07-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Website Find