Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia - random crashes(display driver)
Holy2lord Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Amnesia - random crashes(display driver)

Hello,

i bought amnesia and played it for the first time today and tried streaming some gameplay, everything was ready and ok as an idea, but a problem occured - at random the game crashes with the "display driver stopped working"(i am playing/streaming other games without any problems and never had that error). I tried it several times, crashed in different places. Okey, i went to google and tried finding a solution - mostly got the "update your drivers", which i did( deleted my old, got the new ones). Sadly that did not help. I read the troubleshooting guide and it did not solve the problem also. I started tweaking with game settings - fullscreen/window mode, resolutions, advanced options, streaming and not, but nothing helped. I managed mostly to stay without a crash for ~20 minutes when i was just walking around one room and not going anywhere else, but then it crashed also.

Specifications:
VGA - XFX HD 6870
OS - Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
LOG - attached

What can be the cause of the issue?

Holy

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 6.39 KB / Downloads: 88)
07-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia - random crashes(display driver)

if you bought it from steam do a file integrity check and make sure you have the latest catalyst installed. If these do not work it must be a hardware problem or software in case of a corrupted driver or an unstable overclock.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2012, 02:01 AM by plutomaniac.)
07-21-2012, 02:01 AM
Find
Holy2lord Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia - random crashes(display driver)

I did buy it from steam and did the check, everything is fine. The drivers are the latest, got them yesterday, also tried with previous versions. I'm using my stock clocking on my VGA as for hardware - if that was the case, then all of the game would have problems. I never had such an error before and i played alot of games. I tried increasing the TDRdelay to 8 seconds today, it worked for 1 hour ( was just circling around 2 rooms) then it finally crashed.
This problem is becoming weird.
07-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

driver or hardware, maybe you have an overclock?
07-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Find
Holy2lord Offline

I tried alot of tweaks and finally found a solution. It was the problem with the driver version, the new one 12.6/7 beta were doing the problem, i got an old version of them(catalyst) 12.1 and did a successful stream without a crash of the game.
07-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Find