Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What's the silliest mistake you've made in the Level Editor?
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43
What's the silliest mistake you've made in the Level Editor?

I felt this deserved a thread. :] So, what is the stupidest/silliest mistake you've made while using the Level Editor?
I was just starting to learn the level editor, and thought it would be hilarious to scale a grunt and put him inside of the glass case. It was the worst idea of all time...
My older brother was sitting next to me, laughing, and telling me to make him super puny. When I loaded the map, I looked and noticed the glass case was empty. Naturally, I was curious to know where the grunt was, and walked out of the room and he was right in my face. I pretty much peed my pants.

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
07-22-2012, 01:51 AM
Find
drunkmonk Offline

Threads: 7
RE: What's the silliest mistake you've made in the Level Editor?

(07-22-2012, 01:51 AM)JenniferOrange Wrote: I felt this deserved a thread. :] So, what is the stupidest/silliest mistake you've made while using the Level Editor?
I was just starting to learn the level editor, and thought it would be hilarious to scale a grunt and put him inside of the glass case. It was the worst idea of all time...
My older brother was sitting next to me, laughing, and telling me to make him super puny. When I loaded the map, I looked and noticed the glass case was empty. Naturally, I was curious to know where the grunt was, and walked out of the room and he was right in my face. I pretty much peed my pants.
I lol'd. The stupidest thing I did was more so scripting, I forgot to deactivate a grunt that was chasing me through a level door and simulated a cave-in effect without the actual cave-in yet. After I ran past the area that the monster was supposed to deactivate, my reaction was this "Ok I should be safe now, HOLY SHIT WHERE DID YOU COME FROM!!!(while jumping 2 feet out of my seat) " and ran off the map. I nearly pooped my pants.
07-22-2012, 01:58 AM
Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

I made a small pool above the ground to test out a water monster. I really did not expect him to go through the wall of the pool and chase me through air (with splash particles and everything). At the moment, I was testing out my banking system and I heard rapid splashing; man did I get a pleasant surprise.

Insanity. Static.
07-22-2012, 02:35 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

A while ago I built pretty much an entire city scape out of planes, only after about 5 hours of work I realized that I had made it 4 times larger than it was supposed to be. Yeah that was pretty dumb...

Posting Freak
07-22-2012, 02:56 AM
Website Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

Well, I did not do anything stupid yet... I only made this one room using the editor.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
07-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Stupidest thing was when I was trying to recreate the morgue scare in my own map, and I used the same scripts. Then when I tested it instead of the door banging a few times then the brute coming, it destroyed the door immediately and killed me. Jumped out of my seat literally Tongue

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
07-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(07-22-2012, 11:41 PM)Robosprog Wrote: "Let's try and move the 1000 something objects in my level without saving!"

COMPUTER SAYS

This is what Compounds are for, kids.

Posting Freak
07-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(07-23-2012, 12:21 AM)Kman Wrote: This is what Compounds are for, kids.

Then the compound glitch occurs where all objects implode onto themselves and the undo command no longer applies.

[Play Darth Vader video here.]

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2012, 12:55 AM by Your Computer.)
07-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Website Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34

I accidentally saved over a script that took me a very long time to make. Haven't touched the map editor since. Sad
07-23-2012, 03:34 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(07-23-2012, 12:53 AM)Your Computer Wrote:
(07-23-2012, 12:21 AM)Kman Wrote: This is what Compounds are for, kids.

Then the compound glitch occurs where all objects implode onto themselves and the undo command no longer applies.

[Play Darth Vader video here.]
So much rage... SO MUCH RAGE...

DAMMIT FRICTIONAL WHY DON'T YOU FIX THESE THINGS.

Posting Freak
07-23-2012, 04:03 AM
Website Find