Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Slenderman Monster
warmacha11 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Slenderman Monster

(09-13-2012, 01:24 AM)candlejack131 Wrote: Ok I've hit a road bump when i use the script that kills the player when the crosshair aligns with the monster it works. However I have 2 monsters 1. that is under Enemy_Grunt type which works just fine and the other under swing door. The one for swing door is for cinematic or more flexible purposes like positioning in the level editor and width/weight but this one spawns with the script but does not kill the play. How can i fix that?
I don't think I understand the purpose of the script...
09-13-2012, 02:09 AM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

Threads: 17

(09-13-2012, 02:09 AM)warmacha11 Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 01:24 AM)candlejack131 Wrote: Ok I've hit a road bump when i use the script that kills the player when the crosshair aligns with the monster it works. However I have 2 monsters 1. that is under Enemy_Grunt type which works just fine and the other under swing door. The one for swing door is for cinematic or more flexible purposes like positioning in the level editor and width/weight but this one spawns with the script but does not kill the play. How can i fix that?
I don't think I understand the purpose of the script...
The script kills you when you look at the monster and it works with my enemy but i have another version of him categorized under swing door instead of enemy_grunt so i can place him differently for cinematic reasons and that one isnt working correctly it does force kill the player.
09-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

Nevermind i slapped it back into an enemy grunt in a new position and saved it as a new ent. My script is working again it changes levels correctly and there is about 2-3 seconds of looking at the monster from any distance before you die or unless you get to close.
09-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

OK theirs a specific sound file i want to use that plays when the slenderman kills you it personally makes me jump out of my skin but i don't know if it fits the mood i'm looking for. What do you guys think?
09-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

(09-27-2012, 08:21 PM)candlejack131 Wrote: OK theirs a specific sound file i want to use that plays when the slenderman kills you it personally makes me jump out of my skin but i don't know if it fits the mood i'm looking for. What do you guys think?
How can we give an opinion if we don't know what the sound is? =.=

Upload the .mp3 file to mediafire or something

09-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(09-27-2012, 08:35 PM)darkely Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 08:21 PM)candlejack131 Wrote: OK theirs a specific sound file i want to use that plays when the slenderman kills you it personally makes me jump out of my skin but i don't know if it fits the mood i'm looking for. What do you guys think?
How can we give an opinion if we don't know what the sound is? =.=

Upload the .mp3 file to mediafire or something
http://www.youtube.com/user/myuuji here's the youtube account of the guy who's music I'd use.
09-28-2012, 01:23 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Yeah uuh that's a channel full of music, but it still doesn't tell us which sound you're talking about ^^
Or was the question if there should be a sound at all? I think yes.

Or was the question maybe what sound we think would be appropriate? I'd say that depends on what it is exactly that kills the player. Does he suffer physical damage? (Like, I dunno...does looking at Slenderman make your head explode?) Or is he simply driven insane until his madness kills him? (Some wailing, surreal sounds maybe?) Does he hear the lost screams of all that died before him? Or maybe the Slenderman himself is capabale of making a sound? Just some ideas ^^
09-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(09-28-2012, 01:54 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Yeah uuh that's a channel full of music, but it still doesn't tell us which sound you're talking about ^^
Or was the question if there should be a sound at all? I think yes.

Or was the question maybe what sound we think would be appropriate? I'd say that depends on what it is exactly that kills the player. Does he suffer physical damage? (Like, I dunno...does looking at Slenderman make your head explode?) Or is he simply driven insane until his madness kills him? (Some wailing, surreal sounds maybe?) Does he hear the lost screams of all that died before him? Or maybe the Slenderman himself is capabale of making a sound? Just some ideas ^^
When you look at slenderman it gives the player 500 damage and forces him back a bit killing him. Also the music i'd be using is ( Scent of Night, Somethings wrong, MAYBE rising walls, wind wreck, MAYBE Eininring, Reversion) those are the main songs i have picked out at the moment.
09-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Yeah what I meant was more along the lines of how you'd imagine the character to die if the story was real, y' know? Of course he simply gets damage and dies in the games logic Wink

But if you think about what feeling you'd like the Slenderman to convey, it will help you choose an appropriate sound. If he's supposed to be more of a ghost-like entity that messes with your mind, you'd go for surreal, maybe static sounds (like in the original Slender Game), if he kills people by destroying their bodies, you'd go for bone-cracking sounds or flesh ripping apart, that sort of thing... you get the idea ^^

Personally I think you should maybe choose something that isn't too reminiscent of the original Slender Game (those static "white noise" sound effects) so your game stands out more in comparison and gets its own identity...

As for the music, I quite like it, but I think it is too "melodious" to be used as ambient music. I don't know the correct terms to describe it, but it sounds too much like an actual song instead of an ambient track. It would be good for special scenes (Like in one special story-relevant room or maybe during a cutscene) but I think you'll still need to find something that is better suited for just playing in the background and creating atmosphere. Smile
09-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(09-29-2012, 11:08 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Yeah what I meant was more along the lines of how you'd imagine the character to die if the story was real, y' know? Of course he simply gets damage and dies in the games logic Wink

But if you think about what feeling you'd like the Slenderman to convey, it will help you choose an appropriate sound. If he's supposed to be more of a ghost-like entity that messes with your mind, you'd go for surreal, maybe static sounds (like in the original Slender Game), if he kills people by destroying their bodies, you'd go for bone-cracking sounds or flesh ripping apart, that sort of thing... you get the idea ^^

Personally I think you should maybe choose something that isn't too reminiscent of the original Slender Game (those static "white noise" sound effects) so your game stands out more in comparison and gets its own identity...

As for the music, I quite like it, but I think it is too "melodious" to be used as ambient music. I don't know the correct terms to describe it, but it sounds too much like an actual song instead of an ambient track. It would be good for special scenes (Like in one special story-relevant room or maybe during a cutscene) but I think you'll still need to find something that is better suited for just playing in the background and creating atmosphere. Smile
Ah i see what you mean. However for the sounds. Slenderman takes you when he is ready so when you are on the ground he is obviously ready. How about some kind of dragging or moving sound? i'm actually pretty stumped there any suggestions?
09-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Find