Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Slenderman Monster
candlejack131 Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Slenderman Monster

ok I'm losing hope Sad there are only two solutions to my problem either somebody helps me out and does me a giant favour by making one from scratch or somebody creates the original model i chose on the first page as an non animated functional monster even though its high on poly count
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2012, 01:56 AM by candlejack131.)
07-23-2012, 01:54 AM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(07-23-2012, 01:01 AM)Anxt Wrote: You don't just "lower the polycount." You have to remake it. Simple as that. If it has 2934293728947 polygons that make it up, you can't just go in and delete some. You would have to delete the tiny ones or re-size them, which would make it even more time consuming than making it from scratch. Maybe I'm missing some key technique in modeling, but to my knowledge, you can't just reduce polycount on a whim.
actually i just called up my friend who has experience with both 3ds max and blender and he says to lower poly count all i need to do is open up the model file and delete some unneeded vertices until i am at a fair amount of polys now since no one else seems willing I'll make it myself if you can just provide me with a tutorial on how to convert this max file into the common amnesia ent files
07-23-2012, 03:33 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

If the model consists of quads (four-sided polygons), you can indeed delete edgeloops to lower the polycount with relative ease. With that huge number of polys it would take you quite a while though. If the model is triangles, well...it will be a huge pain Wink
Quote: ah i understand i'm a total noob at this kinda stuff but once again what about the model from slender
Well yeah, that's probably a rigged model (don't know - is it even animated?) with a decent polycount, but, uh... you should probably ask the creators of that game if you can use it.
Quote: well theres this one

http://garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=131212 and this one [url]http://garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=131018[/url] i've just been trying to find as much slender models as possible for use
Sorry, both downloads apparently require having an account at that forum. :/
07-23-2012, 08:13 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Garrysmod.org uses steam accounts, they've got some fancy set-up with valve so you can log on using that account.

However yeah I do have to once again point out that what you're asking us to do here is not a huge favour, it's a MASSIVE favour.
It takes hours upon hours to create a good looking model and animate it, and then off to worst part which is getting it functional into the HPL engine.

.ent files are not models, they're simply files created with the HPL model editor which basicly contains information on the object and how it reacts in the game world.
The models use the OpenCOLLADA .DAE file format, which if you're a max user does not function properly and will certainly cause alot of problems.

Then you're going to have to get yourself an image editing program and support plugins for Nvidias .DDS format. Upon exporting your model to the Amnesia directory you're going to need to have the .dds texture already located within the same directory you intend to export to such as /entities/enemies.
This DDS texture must be applied to the model in your editor of choise otherwise the pathing will be borked and your model will be invisible in-game.

Once you've exported the model you should load up the modeleditor.exe which comes with the leveleditor. From there you should probably just load p for example the grunt .ent file, replace the model with yours and then save it out under a different name so that you're not overriding your original grunt.
07-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Man, that sounds like alot of effort just to get your model game-ready... I guess I'm somewhat spoiled by the more easy and robust art pipeline of UDK. ^^
Thanks for the info though, maybe I'll try and get some models into the HPL editor someday when I've got a bit more free time. Wink

Anyway, candlejack131, why don't you just postpone this issue and work with some sort of placeholder (like the standard grunt) for now until your map is finished? I'm sure it would be easier to convince some artist to add that final touch of a unique monster to your story if the rest is already looking great. Because, as Traggey said, creating a fully animated character is a lot of work and no one wants to do that if it turns out in the end that all that effort was wasted Smile
07-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(07-23-2012, 11:47 AM)Traggey Wrote: Garrysmod.org uses steam accounts, they've got some fancy set-up with valve so you can log on using that account.

However yeah I do have to once again point out that what you're asking us to do here is not a huge favour, it's a MASSIVE favour.
It takes hours upon hours to create a good looking model and animate it, and then off to worst part which is getting it functional into the HPL engine.

.ent files are not models, they're simply files created with the HPL model editor which basicly contains information on the object and how it reacts in the game world.
The models use the OpenCOLLADA .DAE file format, which if you're a max user does not function properly and will certainly cause alot of problems.

Then you're going to have to get yourself an image editing program and support plugins for Nvidias .DDS format. Upon exporting your model to the Amnesia directory you're going to need to have the .dds texture already located within the same directory you intend to export to such as /entities/enemies.
This DDS texture must be applied to the model in your editor of choise otherwise the pathing will be borked and your model will be invisible in-game.

Once you've exported the model you should load up the modeleditor.exe which comes with the leveleditor. From there you should probably just load p for example the grunt .ent file, replace the model with yours and then save it out under a different name so that you're not overriding your original grunt.
thank you traggey i really appreciate it

(07-23-2012, 11:47 AM)Traggey Wrote: Garrysmod.org uses steam accounts, they've got some fancy set-up with valve so you can log on using that account.

also i've been talking to the creator of the original model over youtube and he says he can make it lowpoly for me
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2012, 03:48 PM by candlejack131.)
07-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

hes a real good guy he said he"ll make it into a dae file himself for me Smile
07-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

if i provide you with a low poly version of the download can any one rig it? to the brute/grunt
07-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

How to i replace the model in the modelEditor and which editor is recommend to apply the textures
07-26-2012, 04:27 AM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/free...man/686374 I recently found a lower poly model however it is in a very strange format its a .c4d file anyone know how to convert this into a dae?
08-10-2012, 03:52 AM
Find