Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob question
Griffmstr Offline

Threads: 1
Noob question

This is probably a stupid question but I honestly can not find the answer anywhere.
When attempting to script a level I've made I'm supposed to use the .hps file that is located in the same place as the map itself? Well I have no hps file. I only have a cache file. Is that the same thing? And if I need an hps file how do I get it to appear? I have a few areas in the level editor which are activated by scripts but I can't write the scripts without that file.
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2012, 07:00 PM by Griffmstr.)
07-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Find
Griffmstr Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Noob question

(07-23-2012, 07:04 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(07-23-2012, 07:00 PM)Griffmstr Wrote: This is probably a stupid question but I honestly can not find the answer anywhere.
When attempting to script a level I've made I'm supposed to use the .hps file that is located in the same place as the map itself? Well I have no hps file. I only have a cache file. Is that the same thing? And if I need an hps file how do I get it to appear? I have a few areas in the level editor which are activated by scripts but I can't write the scripts without that file.
Delete the cache file, turn on file extensions in options for my computer/documents, then make a notepad file, delete extension and put .hps at the end instead.
I see no options anywhere, other than something that simply changes the way it views the files, and nothing that allows me to change or delete an extension. I'm running Win7 if that helps.

(07-23-2012, 07:10 PM)Griffmstr Wrote:
(07-23-2012, 07:04 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(07-23-2012, 07:00 PM)Griffmstr Wrote: This is probably a stupid question but I honestly can not find the answer anywhere.
Delete the cache file, turn on file extensions in options for my computer/documents, then make a notepad file, delete extension and put .hps at the end instead.
I see no options anywhere, other than something that simply changes the way it views the files, and nothing that allows me to change or delete an extension. I'm running Win7 if that helps.
Never mind. I got it. thanks
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2012, 07:19 PM by Griffmstr.)
07-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Find