Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.

(08-01-2012, 09:46 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(08-01-2012, 09:03 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I think there are some scary movies, especially when you watch them alone when it's dark and your parents are gone out.

I watched The Descent, The Grudge, Boogeyman, House Of Wax etc. I found them all scary.
Descent was a pretty cool movie up until a certain point. The monsters really could have been handled better and it doesn't really have any good scares, but man the movie really has a cool atmosphere for the first half. Those climbing scenes were incredibly tense and I think my enjoyment of the movie comes almost solely from that (because I'm a climber and there aren't that many realistic portrayals of it in movies). Never seen the other three because I doubt they are any good.
I actually did think the Descent was pretty good throughout, though it did take a major change in pace in the second half. The Grudge was pretty good too, but I've heard the Japanese version is a million times better (which I still need to see). But to be honest, Boogeyman was absolute crap and I tend to just avoid House of Wax cause it looks just as bad.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012, 09:56 PM by Kman.)
08-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.

(08-01-2012, 12:30 AM)Chronofox Wrote: The Thing was more awesome than scary.
The quotes are classic and Kurt Russell is always the man but on my first viewing I was genuinely scared. The movie is real big on paranoia and distrust that really creates a quite terrifying atmosphere.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:For
example, movies. I don't find "horror" movies to be scary in the
slightest. They mostly prey upon the general populace's disdain of gore,
or at least the ones I have seen.
Then perhaps you should watch a real horror movie like The Thing, or the first Evil Dead movie.
Great
choices, though I actually liked Evil Dead 2 more just cause of how
ridiculous some of the deaths/gore scenes were it was actually funny,
though obviously yes the first one was a LOT scarier.
Yeah, Evil Dead 2 is a much better movie but it is just as much a comedy as it is a horror movie so it doesn't really have a scary atmosphere. Awesome though.
08-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Find