Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Try something new! Amnesia Custom Story - The Game
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37
Try something new! Amnesia Custom Story - The Game

Try a new kind of custom story - try The Game. You're being watched. You're being tested. Will you make it?

"I woke up in a strange room. It felt like I recognised it somehow. And the feeling that every little shadow was crawling closer to me was something i couldn't shake."

When you don't know where you are, who took you there, and why you are there, what do you trust? Your memory of the room? Your feeling of someone watching you? Or the strange note from something more than human... The Game brings forth everyones nightmare - the unknown.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga_lFZ0jO7E

Download it here!

[Image: 20062.png]

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2012, 02:45 AM by Wapez.)
07-24-2012, 02:29 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Try something new! Amnesia Custom Story - The Game

2 things:

1. Stop making threads about this custom story. You already have at least one. Stick to that.

2. Don't act like it's a new thing. I would advise actually "releasing" it on ModDB so you can see ratings.

I played it a few months ago. It isn't a "new" kind of custom story. From what I remember, it wasn't very good. At all.

Sorry to be so brutally honest, but you made a second thread, so I figure it's fair to be straightforward.

07-24-2012, 02:46 AM
Find
zecuro Offline

Threads: 33

(07-24-2012, 02:29 AM)Wapez Wrote: Try a new kind of custom story - try The Game. You're being watched. You're being tested. Will you make it?

"I woke up in a strange room. It felt like I recognised it somehow. And the feeling that every little shadow was crawling closer to me was something i couldn't shake."

When you don't know where you are, who took you there, and why you are there, what do you trust? Your memory of the room? Your feeling of someone watching you? Or the strange note from something more than human... The Game brings forth everyones nightmare - the unknown.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga_lFZ0jO7E

Download it here!

[Image: 20062.png]
totally agree sorry pal but its not a new concept at all a basic storyline come with a basic script XD well its not even that the sound track and even the lighting need a bit of work welll dude really need to work on this before if you want the people to rate it
07-24-2012, 02:50 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

Your typical key hunt:
-Tons of clipping textures
-Poofers everywhere
-Real grunts appear whenever you pick up a key
-Lights didn't even have gobos/colors
-Decals were floating/clipping
-For some ungodly reason, in one of your levels you scaled all the walls to 5x their original size, didn't look good at all
-Note text sound like they were translated from another language nto English using Google translate.
-No ambient sounds or "scary" events
-No atmosphere

I rate it 3 memes.
07-24-2012, 03:01 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

Just played through it again.

Would not recommend this. Clipping textures, holes in walls, bad map design, bad story design, bad everything.

Give me my 15 minutes back.

07-24-2012, 03:08 AM
Find
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37

It's nothing fancy. I know. And it's not very "well made" with the walls and stuff. But really, people enjoy it. So please, don't respond on this if all you got is shit. No one asked you to read it, no one asked you to comment. It's out there, for the people who care. Maybe you think it sucks, some people like it alot. I'm not asking for nice comments, just not shit ones. So please let people try it before they have to read all the bad feedback. Maybe they will like it, like alot of other people did. Maybe they won't like it. I'm sorry for those who don't, just ignore this then.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
07-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Well, unfortunately, when you release something, people play it and review it. Sometimes those reviews are bad.

If you think negative feedback is "shit" then I suggest you quit now, because no matter how good something is, SOMEONE will always give you a poor review. Always.

You say many people enjoy it. Cool. Tell them to recommend it to their friends, on their forums, hell, in this thread. So far, none of them have said anything.

I did not enjoy my time playing your mod. That compels me to post in its thread, telling others that I think they should not waste their time. That's just how a review goes sometimes. Could I have been more constructive? Yeah, definitely. But I wasn't really interested in doing so because this is the second time I have seen a thread for this mod, and the second time I was utterly disappointed. You fixed nothing from the first time around, you added nothing from the first time around, and yet you post another thread, trying to bump its popularity.

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to frown upon things like that.

Go tell people who enjoyed it to post here. Or, you can release the mod on ModDB, and allow people to rate it. If people enjoy it, they'll rate it highly.

07-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(07-24-2012, 04:17 PM)Wapez Wrote: It's nothing fancy. I know. And it's not very "well made" with the walls and stuff. But really, people enjoy it. So please, don't respond on this if all you got is shit. No one asked you to read it, no one asked you to comment. It's out there, for the people who care. Maybe you think it sucks, some people like it alot. I'm not asking for nice comments, just not shit ones. So please let people try it before they have to read all the bad feedback. Maybe they will like it, like alot of other people did. Maybe they won't like it. I'm sorry for those who don't, just ignore this then.

If you don't want shit comments, don't put shit out.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2012, 08:04 PM by Statyk.)
07-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Find
BatmanWayne Offline

Threads: 0

You guys are being assholes, I'd like to see you do better, fucktards.

If you don't like it, don't post in it, atleast just say it's bad, no need to explain it in an aggressive way, hopefully your next custom story will get abused so much you'll hang yourself and suicide.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2012, 08:34 PM by BatmanWayne.)
07-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

(07-24-2012, 08:34 PM)BatmanWayne Wrote: You guys are being assholes, I'd like to see you do better, fucktards.

If you don't like it, don't post in it, atleast just say it's bad, no need to explain it in an aggressive way, hopefully your next custom story will get abused so much you'll hang yourself and suicide.
The point of posting negative feedback is to show him that not everyone likes it. If he thought everyone liked it, then he would continue making crappy mods. This way, maybe he will learn something.

However, last time, I did give him constructive feedback. He chose not to accept it. I'm not interested in doing so a second time. I have given constructive feedback on these forums for quite some time now, even to worse mods than this. The majority of people accepted it, used it, and thanked me later. Am I the best modder in the world? Hell to the no. Do I know what I am talking about when I review someone else's mod? I like to think so.

Wishing depression and death upon other people is a terrible thing. Perhaps you, BatmanWayne, are the asshole here. If you disagree with our opinions on the mod, state your own positive experiences, don't tell everyone else to go kill themselves because you disagree.

07-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Find