Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with enemy noises
toeripper Offline

Threads: 1
Help with enemy noises

So I'm making a level filled with tons of rooms and the player has to explore each room to find something and some of the rooms are going to have an enemy waiting for them.

The thing is I want it to be a surprise and the monsters make really loud growl noises so the player isn't even going to bother to enter.

How do I get the monster to shut up?
07-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26
RE: Help with enemy noises

You need to edit it in the model editor.

07-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Find
toeripper Offline

Threads: 1

(07-24-2012, 06:22 PM)SilentStriker Wrote: You need to edit it in the model editor.
What would I do in the model editor?

Also how do I place a mask or something over the monster's face? Sort of like that one custom map where someone put a nyan cat face on a grunt as well as a troll face. Howtododat?
07-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Find
Mackiiboy Offline

Threads: 7

1. Open a monster entity you want to edit
2. Press Settings -> user defined variables
3. Scroll down till' you find AmbientSound_Idle, AmbientSound_Alert, AmbientSound_Hunt
4. Remove the sounds so nothing is written, leave them blank
5. Save it as a new entity

About the mask over a monster's face, you could attach a billboard to one of the bones in the monster. The billboard-type should be FixedAxis.
(07-24-2012, 06:38 PM)toeripper Wrote: What would I do in the model editor?

Also how do I place a mask or something over the monster's face? Sort of like that one custom map where someone put a nyan cat face on a grunt as well as a troll face. Howtododat?
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2012, 06:55 PM by Mackiiboy.)
07-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Website Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Or check what they did in the real Amnesia! They made a really good one in the basement, in the big room where the light (and light-shadows) are hitting a door. This also makes a good warning. In this room the monster is inactive and becomes active when... i don't exactly know, but it could be when the player looks at an area or something... If you touch the door without opening it, nothing happens. But if you open in, the monster comes out

Trying is the first step to success.
07-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Find