Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An area that triggers another area to become active?
HeadyBoy Offline

Threads: 16
An area that triggers another area to become active?

Alright, for a jump scare in my custom story (I know they're cheap and whatnot) but in order for that jump scare to work, the player must walk somewhere and pass through a script area, but nothing should happen.

However, when he reaches his destination he is required to go back, and when goes back and passes through the script area again, but this time his jump scare happens..

So what I want to know is how can I get an area script to make a DIFFERENT area script to become active.

Voice Actor - Male, British Accent, Mid-teens, Adaptable
Custom Stories - "The Heist: Amnesia" (In production)
07-26-2012, 01:47 AM
Find
drunkmonk Offline

Threads: 7
RE: An area that triggers another area to become active?

You can do this by using a SetEntityActive, do everything you would normally do for an AddEntityCollideCallback and use the SetEntityActive to activate the jumpscare area, just make sure you have the jumpscare area set to inactive in the level editor.
07-26-2012, 02:00 AM
Find
HeadyBoy Offline

Threads: 16
RE: An area that triggers another area to become active?

(07-26-2012, 02:00 AM)drunkmonk Wrote: You can do this by using a SetEntityActive, do everything you would normally do for an AddEntityCollideCallback and use the SetEntityActive to activate the jumpscare area, just make sure you have the jumpscare area set to inactive in the level editor.
Thankyou very much ^^

Voice Actor - Male, British Accent, Mid-teens, Adaptable
Custom Stories - "The Heist: Amnesia" (In production)
07-26-2012, 02:27 AM
Find