Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't figure out how to load the custom story
joshissac Offline

Threads: 1
I can't figure out how to load the custom story

I have tried countless things I've seen here to get, i'm trying to use the custom story Nintendo Horror Castle (the one pewdiepie did a video of, love your stuff btw it's awesome) I just bought Amneisa today on Steam, and this is where my custom story folder is D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories and i've tried many different ways to get the NCH(short name) story to work in my game but Every method i've tried so far has ended in total failure, I just can't figure it out at all.

if i go all the way through to where the maps folder is it looks like this D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories\redist\custom_stories\Nintendo Castle Horror

thats just to where the maps folder is, the next would be with /maps at the end.

I REALLY NEED HELP I wanna play this custom story but I fail at everything

the other way i have it is D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories\Nindendo Castle Horror(English)\redist\custom_stories\Nintendo Castle Horror depending on how i extracted it with winrar
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2012, 10:13 AM by joshissac.)
07-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: I can't figure out how to load the custom story

Nintendo Castle Horror's folder structure assumes retail edition of Amnesia folder structure. In order to make it work for Steam edition, you'll have to extract each folder manually to where they belong.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
07-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Website Find
joshissac Offline

(07-26-2012, 10:15 AM)Your Computer Wrote: Nintendo Castle Horror's folder structure assumes retail edition of Amnesia folder structure. In order to make it work for Steam edition, you'll have to extract each folder manually to where they belong.
i have no clue where any of that would be in the slightest.
07-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Assume the redist folder from the archive is D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\

07-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Website Find
joshissac Offline

(07-26-2012, 10:22 AM)Your Computer Wrote: Assume the redist folder from the archive is D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\
lets assume I really suck at assuming things

it's now D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\redist\custom_stories\Nintendo Castle Horror up to where the maps folder is located, but nothings changed at all, still won't add the custom story to the game
07-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

In other words:

Put redist\billboards\Nintendo Castle Horror into amnesia the dark descent\billboards,
redist\custom_stories\Nintendo Castle Horror into amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories,
redist\entities\Nintendo Castle Horror into amnesia the dark descent\entities,
redist\sounds\Nintendo Castle Horror into amnesia the dark descent\sounds,
and redist\textures\Nintendo Castle Horror into amnesia the dark descent\textures

07-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Website Find
joshissac Offline

(07-26-2012, 12:11 PM)Your Computer Wrote: In other words:

Put redist\billboards\Nintendo Castle Horror into amnesia the dark descent\billboards,
redist\custom_stories\Nintendo Castle Horror into amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories,
redist\entities\Nintendo Castle Horror into amnesia the dark descent\entities,
redist\sounds\Nintendo Castle Horror into amnesia the dark descent\sounds,
and redist\textures\Nintendo Castle Horror into amnesia the dark descent\textures
alright, that did the trick thanks Big Grin

btw i tried following your tutorials on making CS's, but sadly i don't understand anything about script stuff, I understood the stuff like building the lvl with the placing objects and what not, its just the scripts stuff I have a real hard time following simply because I wasn't taught about any of that stuff so none of it makes sense to me, any idea how I can learn what it all means so I could understand your videos better to make full use of it?
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2012, 12:36 PM by joshissac.)
07-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

(07-26-2012, 12:35 PM)joshissac Wrote: any idea how I can learn what it all means so I could understand your videos better to make full use of it?

Read a book on programming. Any book on C++, Java, PHP, Javascript, etc, should do.

07-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Website Find
joshissac Offline

(07-26-2012, 12:38 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(07-26-2012, 12:35 PM)joshissac Wrote: any idea how I can learn what it all means so I could understand your videos better to make full use of it?

Read a book on programming. Any book on C++, Java, PHP, Javascript, etc, should do.
know any good online books? the kind that keep it real simple?
07-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

(07-26-2012, 12:44 PM)joshissac Wrote: know any good online books? the kind that keep it real simple?

I don't, but even if they kept it simple, it wouldn't be something that would be fully understood in one reading.

07-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Website Find